Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dreamweaver to ASP.Net 2003

Dreamweaver to ASP.Net 2003

csgraham74

Hi guys,

i was hoping someone could help me with an annoying issue.

I have inherited an asp.net web site built solely in dreamweaver and
the site uses relative paths. I have however been building an admin
section for the site in asp.net in a folder in my wwwroot directory.

when i import the dreamweaver site into my solution none of the links
or referneces to images or includes pages work correctly - i think this
is due to ASP.Net creating my solution within a subfolder of the wwroot
directory

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get the links up and running
correctly without having to redevelop the whole solution. The other
thing that i do not want is to have to deploy the solution within a
subfolder and have the web address as something like

http://domain name/subfolder/default.aspx
- ideally i want
http://domain name/default.aspx

how can i avoid this scenario

any help appreciated as i tearing my hair out

thanks

CG

Jon Paal

do a search and replace on the file...

"csgraham74" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> i was hoping someone could help me with an annoying issue.
>
> I have inherited an asp.net web site built solely in dreamweaver and
> the site uses relative paths. I have however been building an admin
> section for the site in asp.net in a folder in my wwwroot directory.
>
> when i import the dreamweaver site into my solution none of the links
> or referneces to images or includes pages work correctly - i think this
> is due to ASP.Net creating my solution within a subfolder of the wwroot
> directory
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get the links up and running
> correctly without having to redevelop the whole solution. The other
> thing that i do not want is to have to deploy the solution within a
> subfolder and have the web address as something like
>
> http://domain name/subfolder/default.aspx
> - ideally i want
> http://domain name/default.aspx
>
> how can i avoid this scenario
>
> any help appreciated as i tearing my hair out
>
> thanks
>
> CG

csgraham74

Actually just found an article on how to create a multisite root domain
that did the trick

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/Multisite.asp

just in case anyone has the same issue