Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Populating dropdowns client-side?

Populating dropdowns client-side?

Anup

In my application there are many inter-dependent dropdowns.
ie:- when user select value form dropdown1 according to that a query is
fired and the data is populated in dropdown2 by applying the value
selected in dropdown1 as filter.
Now the user wants this process to be done at client-side as there are
too many dependencies.

(There is a database table in my project which stores all there
dependencies.)

Please let me know if there is any way out so that I can implement this
at client side.

(Note: - I am using ASP .NET 1.1)

Thanks,
Anup Daware

rajpradip2004@gmail.com

i way is to populate the whole data and store it in a hidden fields
with unique id
the fatch the data using javascript
Anup wrote:
> In my application there are many inter-dependent dropdowns.
> ie:- when user select value form dropdown1 according to that a query is
> fired and the data is populated in dropdown2 by applying the value
> selected in dropdown1 as filter.
> Now the user wants this process to be done at client-side as there are
> too many dependencies.
>
> (There is a database table in my project which stores all there
> dependencies.)
>
> Please let me know if there is any way out so that I can implement this
> at client side.
>
> (Note: - I am using ASP .NET 1.1)
>
> Thanks,
> Anup Daware

Anup

Hi,
I have used html hidden control previously, Can I have a hidden control
which will act as 2D array for strings??

> i way is to populate the whole data and store it in a hidden fields
> with unique id
> the fatch the data using javascript
> Anup wrote:
> > In my application there are many inter-dependent dropdowns.
> > ie:- when user select value form dropdown1 according to that a query is
> > fired and the data is populated in dropdown2 by applying the value
> > selected in dropdown1 as filter.
> > Now the user wants this process to be done at client-side as there are
> > too many dependencies.
> >
> > (There is a database table in my project which stores all there
> > dependencies.)
> >
> > Please let me know if there is any way out so that I can implement this
> > at client side.
> >
> > (Note: - I am using ASP .NET 1.1)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anup Daware

Populating dropdowns client-side? Anup ASP .Net Web Controls 0 06-20-2006 09:32 AM
Help, Populating dropdowns via subroutine Paul D. Fox ASP .Net 1 08-25-2005 12:47 PM
Populating multiple dropdowns =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?= ASP .Net 1 04-21-2005 09:29 AM
Populating DropDowns sck10 ASP .Net 4 11-15-2004 12:44 PM
Page Post Back -- how to retain selecteditem.value of TWO dropdowns??? KathyB ASP .Net 6 06-27-2003 03:33 PM

Advertisments