Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > COM+ registry database detected a system error

COM+ registry database detected a system error

=?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHkgR2FkaW5nYW4=?=

Hi All,

An error message "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start
debugging on the web server. COM+ registry database detected a system error"
is being thrown when I try to run my asp.net application. I'm using Windows
XP w/ SP2, IIS 5.1 and .net framework 1.1 w/ SP1. I tried the solutions
below but error still pops-up. Please help.

Solution 1:
Re-install .net framework 1.1 and apply .net 1.1 SP1

Solution 2:
run "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspn et_regiis.exe -i"