Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > how to pass parameters between asp.net to asp pages

how to pass parameters between asp.net to asp pages

rinat

Hi,
I have an aspx page who needs to open a asp page and pass some text
parameters to it,
I would have used the request.querystring but I'm afraid the data is
too long.

is there an option to use the Request.Form way?

thanks a lot
Rinat

rinat,
this question has been asked and answered so many times on this group that I
think if you simply put the title of your post in as the search term, you can
come up with more answers than you can ever deal with.

I particularly remember answering this post in detail within the last week
or so.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

"rinat" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an aspx page who needs to open a asp page and pass some text
> parameters to it,
> I would have used the request.querystring but I'm afraid the data is
> too long.
>
> is there an option to use the Request.Form way?
>
> thanks a lot
> Rinat

Afshar

rinat,

One of the ways is using Sessions, your can store bigger and more
complicated data in Session variables. But as you may know, Sessions
that are created in one of ASPs can't be accessed from other ASP. You
should apply some additional remedy for it: for example a Database
solution. You can search for it: There's plenty of ways doing this.

Afshar Mohebbi

Peter wrote:
> rinat,
> this question has been asked and answered so many times on this group that I
> think if you simply put the title of your post in as the search term, you can
> come up with more answers than you can ever deal with.
>
> I particularly remember answering this post in detail within the last week
> or so.
> Peter

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> UnBlog:
> http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
>

> "rinat" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have an aspx page who needs to open a asp page and pass some text
> > parameters to it,
> > I would have used the request.querystring but I'm afraid the data is
> > too long.
> >
> > is there an option to use the Request.Form way?
> >
> > thanks a lot
> > Rinat

shailpatel83 shailpatel83 is offline
Junior Member

Here is the good article that explains hows you can pass data between web pages.

http: // patelshailesh.com/index.php/pass-values-between-asp-net-web-pages
http: // patelshailesh.com/index.php/http-get-and-http-post-in-asp-net