Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: QUERY: 'On Error Resume Next' scope rules

Re: QUERY: 'On Error Resume Next' scope rules

Kevin Spencer

Perhaps the reason you haven't seen any discussion about it here is that
although the "On Error" statement is included in VB.Net for those who have
come from a VB6 or VBScript background (I would suppose), it is not
recommended to use it. ASP and ASP.Net are entirely different technologies.
ASP is purely procedural; ASP.Net is purely object-oriented. In fact, you
are the first person I've ever heard of that has used it.

You might be surprised to learn that the "infamous" try/catch structured
exception handling is part of the .Net specification, and is supported by
VB.Net, C#, and every other .Net language (AFAIK). It is far better to use
try/catch than to use "On Error." You can find it documented here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fk6t46tz.aspx

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Chicken Salad Alchemist

I recycle.
I send everything back to the planet it came from.

Scope Rules fctk C Programming 3 04-18-2006 11:03 AM
rules for Cisco PIX 525 firewall rules KAS Cisco 2 10-02-2005 07:12 PM
Scope rules allspamgoeshere3@hotmail.com C++ 3 09-15-2005 12:51 AM
Special scope rules for static operators? =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22J=2EJ=2EGarc=EDa=22?= C++ 4 05-29-2005 05:42 PM
scope rules in nested functions Andrew Collier Python 0 01-29-2005 10:07 PM

Advertisments