Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Namespaces and asp.net

Namespaces and asp.net

=?Utf-8?B?bWdvbnphbGVzMw==?=

I have a project dedicated to custom controls.
(ie..dropdownlists, datagrids, mouseoverbuttons, etc...)

and I have folders for each control group.
Ajax, DataGrids, Buttons

I do add the control namespace at the top of my aspx pages like so:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="vs" namespace="Project.WebControls.Ajax"
Assembly="Project.WebControls" %>

Question: What if I had controls in different namespaces? Would I have to
register the assembly twice?

Have I went down a wrong path for namespaces?

<%@ Register TagPrefix="vs" namespace="Prjoect.WebControls.Ajax"
Assembly="Project.WebControls" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="vs" namespace="Project.WebControls.Buttons"
Assembly="Project.WebControls" %>

help!

Brock Allen

> Question: What if I had controls in different namespaces? Would I
> have to register the assembly twice?

Yep, because the register directive is registering the assembly *and* the
namespace.

-Brock
http://staff.develop.com/ballen