Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET 2.0: programming .aspx for many browsers?

ASP.NET 2.0: programming .aspx for many browsers?

R.A.M.

Hello,
(Sorry for my English...)
I am learning ASP.NET 2.0: and I have a question: if I have .aspx page
will it work without modifications in all popular browsers?
Thank you very much for information.
/RAM/

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

yes, ASP.NET v2.0 has much better cross-browser support from start
(callbacks, validation, built-in helper scripts etc) and it supports also
flexible model which enables you to extend it to support browsers (which
might not now be considered as "popular enough") . But yes, it supports all
popular & modern browsers.

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider

"R.A.M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> (Sorry for my English...)
> I am learning ASP.NET 2.0: and I have a question: if I have .aspx page
> will it work without modifications in all popular browsers?
> Thank you very much for information.
> /RAM/

Remy

It has issues with Safari on Mac OS. The menu control does not work
with dynamic styles and validation happens on the server side.
There are workarounds, but it gets a bit tricker then...

Teemu Keiski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes, ASP.NET v2.0 has much better cross-browser support from start
> (callbacks, validation, built-in helper scripts etc) and it supports also
> flexible model which enables you to extend it to support browsers (which
> might not now be considered as "popular enough") . But yes, it supports all
> popular & modern browsers.
>
> --
> Teemu Keiski
> ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider
> Finland, EU
> http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke
>
> "R.A.M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> > (Sorry for my English...)
> > I am learning ASP.NET 2.0: and I have a question: if I have .aspx page
> > will it work without modifications in all popular browsers?
> > Thank you very much for information.
> > /RAM/

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

will depend on the controls used, and the html you write.

none of the postback controls will work if javascript is disabled, only
asp:buttons will work.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...