Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > E TAGS

E TAGS

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

I purchased Mondosoft search engine for our Microsoft CMS site.
I just found out from Mondosoft that we can't do an "Incremental" crawl of
our site during the day because MondoSearch incremental indexing relies on
something called an E-TAG.This is a tag that is sent in the HTTP header from
the web server to the browser requesting a page.It is normally used by proxy
servers to determine if a page has change sense last save. This E-TAG is not
supported by Microsoft CMS.

I sent this questio to the CMS NewsGroup and they referred me to you.

Is this true? If so, what steps is Microsoft doing to reslove? Or are
there alternatives or other techniques that I can do to alllow me to perform
this needed function during the day.

RE An "incremental crawl" is where we add CMS content changes, links, etc.
to our Mondosft search database. Its a quicker way than doing a complete
reindex of the site.