Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > QoS by Destination IP Address?

QoS by Destination IP Address?

cjn9045

Can QoS be configured according to destination IP address? If so, how
would one prioritize traffic to a particular IP address over a
standard Internet T1 link? That is, we would want http traffic to a
paricular address to be given priority over all other traffic on that
link.

Thanks in advance for any help . . .

-cjn

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
cjn9045 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Can QoS be configured according to destination IP address?

It probably depends on the device and the software version, but Yes,
there are Cisco devices and versions that it can be done on.

:If so, how
:would one prioritize traffic to a particular IP address over a
:standard Internet T1 link? That is, we would want http traffic to a
aricular address to be given priority over all other traffic on that
:link.

You would construct an appropriate class-map. Please see

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Suppor...on_and_Marking
--
Rump-Titty-Titty-Tum-TAH-Tee -- Fritz Lieber