Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Using WIC-4ESW as L3 device

Using WIC-4ESW as L3 device

Tom Pouce

Hi all,

Is it possible to use a WIC-4ESW as a L3 device in a IOS based router (28xx)

I noticed the MAC addres of the Fa0/0 is the same as the VLAN interfcae
Changing the MAC adress of the VLAN interface gives the error:
% "mac-address" not valid on this interface

SAto

Tom Pouce skrev:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to use a WIC-4ESW as a L3 device in a IOS based router (28xx)
>
> I noticed the MAC addres of the Fa0/0 is the same as the VLAN interfcae
> Changing the MAC adress of the VLAN interface gives the error:
> % "mac-address" not valid on this interface

You cant put an IP address directly on the interface but you should be
able to run diffirent vlans on diffirent ports and use vlan interfaces
to route between them.

-SAto