Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Hearing Own Voice in Handset on IP Phone

Hearing Own Voice in Handset on IP Phone

TexasMirty@gmail.com

I have a user saying that he cannot hear his own voice in the handset
when he talks on his Cisco 7940G IP phone. First off, is there a term
for that particular sound -- the sound of your own voice in the
handset? It needs to be strong enough so that you know how loud you are
talking.
Second, what settings on the Call Manager (Cisco 2850) would affect
this aspect of sound? Is this involved with the echo settings? (We
have tweaked those extensively -- input gain, output attenuation, etc.)
Is it perhaps a simple handset volume setting? (I tried, but the user
says that did not fix the problem.)

thrill5

Its called "sidetone". I'm not a voice expert, but I think its a function
of the phone, and it this case, the headset itself. If the user hears
sidetone using the phone's handset, but not with the headset, than the
problem is headset doesn't do it.

Scott
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have a user saying that he cannot hear his own voice in the handset
> when he talks on his Cisco 7940G IP phone. First off, is there a term
> for that particular sound -- the sound of your own voice in the
> handset? It needs to be strong enough so that you know how loud you are
> talking.
> Second, what settings on the Call Manager (Cisco 2850) would affect
> this aspect of sound? Is this involved with the echo settings? (We
> have tweaked those extensively -- input gain, output attenuation, etc.)
> Is it perhaps a simple handset volume setting? (I tried, but the user
> says that did not fix the problem.)

www.BradReese.Com

You may wish to investigate Using the show call active voice Command to
Troubleshoot Voice Quality Issues:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk65...8019ab88.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680