Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > WAN Emulator

WAN Emulator

ttrotter01@yahoo.com

Can any one recommend a WAN emulator. Studying for CCIE and need
something that can emulate Frame Relay, ISDN, etc. Thanks.

Merv

A Cisco router can be configured as a frame-relay switch so you do not
need to buy an emulator to accomplish that.

You will need an ISDN emulator for ISDN BRI.

search this newsgroup for articles on ISDN emulators

http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.d...rch+this+group

www.BradReese.Com

You may wish to investigate the AdTran WAN Emulation Brief:

http://www.bradreese.com/wan-emulation.pdf

As well as WAN Emulation Product Overview:

http://www.bradreese.com/wan-emulati...t-overview.pdf

WAN Emulation Case Study:

http://www.bradreese.com/wan-emulation-case-study.pdf

WAN Emulation Case Study 1:

http://www.bradreese.com/wan-emulation-case-study-1.pdf

WAN Emulation Case Study 2:

http://www.bradreese.com/wan-emulation-case-study-2.pdf

Cisco Networking Academy WAN Emulation Lab Kits:

http://www.networkingacademy.adtran.com/

World's largest inventory availability/list pricing of Authorized
Refurbished AdTran:

http://www.bradreese.com/adtran-inventory-search.htm

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm

SAto

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) skrev:
> Can any one recommend a WAN emulator. Studying for CCIE and need
> something that can emulate Frame Relay, ISDN, etc. Thanks.

I can recomend a Cisco 7200 simulator.

http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/index.php/Cisco_7200_Simulator

It requires you have access to 7200 software images though but is
really good.
It simulates the 7200 hardware but runs on actual cisco software!

It has options for emulating switches, frame relay and ATM networks but
no ISDN.

To find the newest version check this blog:
http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/blog/

-SAto

SAto

(E-Mail Removed) skrev:
> Can any one recommend a WAN emulator. Studying for CCIE and need
> something that can emulate Frame Relay, ISDN, etc. Thanks.

Also depending on what equipment you already have and need you might do
this for the ISDN setup: http://www.bogomips.com/isdnswitch.htm

-SAto

Re: Dual WAN on a 2651, NAT inside, opening one port on the seconday WAN Martin Gallagher Cisco 0 11-27-2012 09:27 AM
PIX 501 - 2 WAN Connections, how to route certain IPs to the 2nd WAN Casper Cisco 1 08-17-2007 08:17 PM
Ethernet WAN and not WAN. AM Cisco 1 05-23-2005 11:45 PM
Copy satellite assemblies to Windows CE emulator John ASP .Net 0 11-09-2004 11:21 AM
Need to securely connect workstations on another WAN to my WAN kev Cisco 4 11-17-2003 01:55 AM

Advertisments