Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 2970 traffic stats and VLANs

2970 traffic stats and VLANs

John Oliver

If I move a port out of VLAN 1, I no longer get traffic info via SNMP.
How can I fix that? I want my VLANs *and* traffic info

SAto

John Oliver skrev:
> If I move a port out of VLAN 1, I no longer get traffic info via SNMP.
> How can I fix that? I want my VLANs *and* traffic info

What traffic info are you monitoring.
Changing vlans should not change any of the interface specific
counters.

you may want to turn on the "snmp-server ifindex persist" to prevent
ports remapped in the snmp tree when creating or removing ports/vlans.

-SAto

John Oliver

On 22 Jun 2006 00:06:31 -0700, SAto wrote:

> John Oliver skrev:
>> If I move a port out of VLAN 1, I no longer get traffic info via SNMP.
>> How can I fix that? I want my VLANs *and* traffic info

> What traffic info are you monitoring.

IfInOctets and IfOutOctets

> Changing vlans should not change any of the interface specific
> counters.

I agree... it "should" not. But it does Or, to be fair, it does as
far as MRTG is concerned. MRTG assigns an "interface number" rather
than using a raw OID. I suppose it's possible that the OID is changing
with the VLAN assignment... hmmm...

> you may want to turn on the "snmp-server ifindex persist" to prevent
> ports remapped in the snmp tree when creating or removing ports/vlans.

Thanks for that thought! I'll look into it.