Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > port flapping and web filter

port flapping and web filter

Harkin

I have persistent syslog message being sent from my 4510R regarding
'vlan 4 is flapping between two ports'. One of the ports is the link to
my external firewall, the other is the blocking port of my web filter. I
am assuming that this is probably normal behavior for this setup, I am
just curious if there is anything I need to do or watch for?

If this is normal behavior, is there any way to turn off the messages
for specific interfaces so that they are not sent to my kiwi box every
few seconds?

load balacing cause port flapping Jef Cisco 3 12-14-2009 03:37 PM
Cisco 3750 and 3550 Switches with what appears to be link flapping sebert Hardware 0 10-03-2006 09:05 PM
port flapping sharqi Cisco 2 11-29-2005 10:35 PM
link and lineproto flapping - bad wiring? Joel M. Baldwin Cisco 3 02-08-2005 12:45 AM
PIM dense mode causing interface flapping Codoroma Cisco 0 11-17-2003 09:15 AM

Advertisments