Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Load balance between two parallel paths

Load balance between two parallel paths

kazdan@gmail.com

hey guys, i have a topology which looks thusly:

Router
/ \
/ \
\ /
\ /
Router

both paths are tunnels, I would like to load balance between these two
cisco 3550 catalysts with ip routing enabled, so that not only will it
load balance but it will do so intelligently, it will distribute
packets according to load on bandwidth and so on. I am aware that i
could use variance to allow a worse connection to help in load balance
but i would prefer if the load were balanced so that the proportions
are calculated and possibly dynamic. Is this possible and if so what
are the commands necessary?

PepeRdguez

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ha escrito:

> hey guys, i have a topology which looks thusly:
>
> Router
> / \
> / \
> \ /
> \ /
> Router
>
> both paths are tunnels, I would like to load balance between these two
> cisco 3550 catalysts with ip routing enabled, so that not only will it
> load balance but it will do so intelligently, it will distribute
> packets according to load on bandwidth and so on. I am aware that i
> could use variance to allow a worse connection to help in load balance
> but i would prefer if the load were balanced so that the proportions
> are calculated and possibly dynamic. Is this possible and if so what
> are the commands necessary?

Did you visit this site?
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk36...80094820.shtml
Be aware about routers process load in case you chose the best traffic
balance, which is on packet basis.

Good luck