Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 60 poles to 60 poles Cisco cable.

60 poles to 60 poles Cisco cable.

AM

May any of you tell me which the part number of a 60 poles to 60 oles Cisco cable to connect 2 1601 through the serial
interface and make the possibility to try some experiments between the routers?

I'm asking that because I have 4-5 of those routers and try to study CCNA.

Thanks

Alex.

anybody43@hotmail.com

AM wrote:
> May any of you tell me which the part number of a 60 poles to 60 oles Cisco cable to connect 2 1601 through the serial
> interface and make the possibility to try some experiments between the routers?
>
> I'm asking that because I have 4-5 of those routers and try to study CCNA.

Let's try google.
[cisco serial crossover]

Top line of top hit says:-
CAB-HD60MMX-1 LFH 60 Male ( DB60 Male ) To LFH 60 Male ( DB60 Male )
Cisco Router DCE To Cisco Router DTE LFH 60 Male ( DB60 Male) / Male
Crossover 1 FT. $43.0

Note that you need to set the clock rate on the DCE end.

I am sure that you will get it cheaper elsewhere.
OK - I'll look.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...d=10206&style=
Product ID: 242
DCE/DTE DB60 Crossover Cable - 1FT
$5.89
Wow - that seems cheap.
I am sure that you won't find it much cheaper anywhere)

I know NOTHING of these companies, choose one for
yourself. I am only helping you to find the correct cable.