Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > need help with opening a whole in a router

Reply
Thread Tools

need help with opening a whole in a router

 
 
mcpaytas@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006
I have a contractor that I need to allow in to work on a system. The
system is on a 10.0.0.1 snm of 255.255.255.0 network. The regular
network the the cisco router routes for is 192.168.1.1. How would I
allow that person through to a single pc?
Thank you for your time.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Barry Margolin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a contractor that I need to allow in to work on a system. The
> system is on a 10.0.0.1 snm of 255.255.255.0 network. The regular
> network the the cisco router routes for is 192.168.1.1. How would I
> allow that person through to a single pc?
> Thank you for your time.


Put the following at the beginning of the access list for your inbound
traffic:

access-list 101 permit ip host 10.0.0.1 host 192.168.1.x

--
Barry Margolin, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA
*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
*** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jonathan Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I have a contractor that I need to allow in to work on a system. The
> system is on a 10.0.0.1 snm of 255.255.255.0 network. The regular
> network the the cisco router routes for is 192.168.1.1. How would I
> allow that person through to a single pc?
> Thank you for your time.
>


How is he connecting? Remote desktop, VNC or ???


 
Reply With Quote
 
mcpaytas@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006
He will be coming in through VNC.

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > I have a contractor that I need to allow in to work on a system. The
> > system is on a 10.0.0.1 snm of 255.255.255.0 network. The regular
> > network the the cisco router routes for is 192.168.1.1. How would I
> > allow that person through to a single pc?
> > Thank you for your time.
> >

>
> How is he connecting? Remote desktop, VNC or ???


 
Reply With Quote
 
gremln007@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2006

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> He will be coming in through VNC.


You need these 2 lines or similar:

static (inside,outside) external_ip internal_ip netmask 255.255.255.255
0 0
conduit permit tcp host external_ip eq 5900 any

Let us know if you need more help.

 
Reply With Quote
 
chris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2006

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> He will be coming in through VNC.

>
> You need these 2 lines or similar:
>
> static (inside,outside) external_ip internal_ip netmask 255.255.255.255
> 0 0
> conduit permit tcp host external_ip eq 5900 any
>
> Let us know if you need more help.
>


I don't think that's much help on a 'router'


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friend functions - do I need to include the whole prototype? gw7rib@aol.com C++ 1 11-22-2006 09:59 PM
*WITHOUT* using: ValidateRequest="False" for the whole page (or my whole site).... \A_Michigan_User\ ASP .Net 2 08-21-2006 02:13 PM
Setting up a router with 29 Global IPs, BUT can't ping router internal interface from server or server interface from router war_wheelan@yahoo.com Cisco 1 12-14-2005 03:31 PM
ReQ; Help having problem with cisco router 1602R the Lan part works cannot log on to configure so PC can access internet, router connects to T1 line thier is an alarm light on anyone can help smokin@aol.com Computer Support 4 10-30-2004 06:06 AM
need some help with dial box opening when opening a folder John Computer Information 0 11-13-2003 08:38 PM



Advertisments