Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > how to configure 2 isp one router

how to configure 2 isp one router

ganesh.khamait@gmail.com

Hi,
I have 2 different isp with different ip address and gateways. I want
to configure them on cisco 3825 router for load balancing. Incase one
goes down the other will take care. Since i'm new to networking i
really dont have any idea on how to do it.
i'm using cisco 3825 router, cisco asa firewall and catalyst 4500 .
Please send me some links where i can get the exact idea on how to get
this thing up
Thanks

PepeRdguez

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ha escrito:

> Hi,
> I have 2 different isp with different ip address and gateways. I want
> to configure them on cisco 3825 router for load balancing. Incase one
> goes down the other will take care. Since i'm new to networking i
> really dont have any idea on how to do it.
> i'm using cisco 3825 router, cisco asa firewall and catalyst 4500 .
> Please send me some links where i can get the exact idea on how to get
> this thing up
> Thanks

As I don't know your network layout, I don't understand what loads you
want to balance.
Perhaps 2 links attached to a single router? Or two routers? Both
cases, it's likely some cooperation from your network provider is
required.
With two routers MHSRP provides, at least, very good back up, but
doesn't provide traffic balancing by its own.
I wonder if the only redundant device is the ISP. Is that the issue?
Any way, to get a good balance approach, outgoing traffic -it use to be
the highest one-should be balanced from the firewall.
Yours
Pepe Rodríguez