Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > hi. does cisco has a tool can be use for monitor a mib value for a long time just like MRTG?

hi. does cisco has a tool can be use for monitor a mib value for a long time just like MRTG?

kevin

HI.
My client wants a tool ( no free tool like MRTG) from Cisco. That
tool can be used for collect network device 's traffic value and can
store these value for produce a report laterly. In other words, it
simply get MIB value from Network device 's mib database. And it also
can specify which OID it uses for collecting. I know MRTG can did it.
But I don't whether Cisco can provide a tool like MRTG. I once studied
IPM. But I think IPM can not satisfy my client. BTW. My client has LMS
Lan Management Solution of CiscoWorks.
I hope someone could fingure a tool from Cisco can help my client.
Thanks you!

kevin rong

haydude

MRTG is also documented by Cisco. I think that this endorses it as a
tool "recommended" by the manufacturer.

kevin wrote:

> HI.
> My client wants a tool ( no free tool like MRTG) from Cisco. That
> tool can be used for collect network device 's traffic value and can
> store these value for produce a report laterly. In other words, it
> simply get MIB value from Network device 's mib database. And it also
> can specify which OID it uses for collecting. I know MRTG can did it.
> But I don't whether Cisco can provide a tool like MRTG. I once studied
> IPM. But I think IPM can not satisfy my client. BTW. My client has LMS
> Lan Management Solution of CiscoWorks.
> I hope someone could fingure a tool from Cisco can help my client.
> Thanks you!
>
> kevin rong

kevin

Thanks your reply

But what I need is a tool can specify time range and produce a
beautiful report.I once used MRTG. I have to run a script to copy Gif
and data automatically every day. MRTG could not caculate follow your
order. MRTG just display per hour. per day, per month and per year. It
could not compare any two month data.

kevin rong

Joel

Take a look at What's Up 2006 Premium. (ipswitch.com)

I had a similar need and if did a great job. It has some built
in reports that may meet your needs and you can create your own.

Having a web front end the reports can be view on the web. Nice
thing added is access management is fairy granular.

I not sure but I think you might be able have reports created
and emailed.

Plus it offers a some monitoring & alerting capabilities.

You should be able to get a 30 trial on their web site.

Joel

kevin wrote:
> Thanks your reply
>
> But what I need is a tool can specify time range and produce a
> beautiful report.I once used MRTG. I have to run a script to copy Gif
> and data automatically every day. MRTG could not caculate follow your
> order. MRTG just display per hour. per day, per month and per year. It
> could not compare any two month data.
>
> kevin rong

kevin

Hello Joel
thank you. I will try to find where to buy What's Up 2006 Premimu in
China.

kevin.rong

BGP4-MIB CISCO-BGP4-MIB syd_p Cisco 0 07-06-2009 09:31 PM
Use of Long and Long Long Bart C C Programming 27 01-15-2008 05:27 AM
Monitor (per MIB) QoS with Cisco Router Thorsten Maier Cisco 5 09-11-2007 04:56 PM
Catalyst 3550 CISCO-PORT-QOS-MIB Does not have any elements Michael Cisco 1 11-25-2003 07:44 PM

Advertisments