Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Discussion about segregating bandwidth with Cisco 7513, Cisco 3750 and Cisco 3640

Discussion about segregating bandwidth with Cisco 7513, Cisco 3750 and Cisco 3640

iskandar@measat.com

Dear group members,

In the network environment which I maintain, we have a video streaming
signal piping from my station, to Los Angeles using a direct IPLC line
of 45 Mbps. Once reach Los Angeles it was pipe to another equipment
which present the video signal to various recipient.

Once I tried to have a internet connection by subcribing an E1 line to
the ISP provider in Los Angeles. I got 32 Public IP and quiet happy
with the service. In Los Angeles, I have 1 unit of Cisco 7513 with a
DS3 card. I got another Cisco 7513 in Malaysia with a DS3 card.

To make the internet connection work, I subscribed an E1 link with the
local ISP in Los Angeles. I bought a Cisco 3640 with E1 port. I use
the FE port on Cisco 3640 to tap to the Cisco 7513.

Over in Malaysia, I bought a cisco 2811 and tapped from a FE port to
Cisco 7513 FE port. Then I created a tunnel between cisco 3640 and
cisco 2811. Below is the sketch diagram.

|----------Los Angeles------------------|
|---------------Malaysia---------------|

ISP -----E1------Cisco3640 -----FE-----Cisco7513
===T3==Cisco7513------FE----Cisco2811

<============================================>
Tunnel

In this tunnel I put in a public IP and I manage to get internet.

I got one of my office friend who wants a 256K for his personal
emailing system. Using the current E1 subcription, I planned to give
him 1 public IP and tap his computer to a Cisco Catalyst 3750 port and
rate limit it to 256K.

The question or challenge for discussion here is can I do tunnelling on
Cisco 3750.

What other options that I have to play since I only have Cisco Catalyst
3750 to play with, I do not intend to buy any more since this is more
on exploration work. Hard for me to justify to the company since I
cannot create a busines impact from the exploration work.

Regards

Iskandar Hussein
Malaysia.

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Iskandar,

You may wish to investigate the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Switch Software
Configuration Guide.

Configuring 802.1Q and Layer 2 Protocol Tunneling

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0802c1101.html

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm

Segregating Traffic Bob Simon Cisco 6 02-15-2007 12:43 PM
Bandwidth Control on Cisco 3750 EMI Switches. Abbass \(abbass@gerrys.net\) Cisco 0 02-14-2006 09:43 PM
VPN: segregating users to different interfaces Bert Roos Cisco 1 02-27-2004 12:11 PM
Segregating designtime from runtime General Chaud Caliente ASP .Net Building Controls 8 10-24-2003 10:05 PM

Advertisments