Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Recomendations for a small MeetingPlace setup

Recomendations for a small MeetingPlace setup

ttripp@magnoliamanor.com

I've been tasked with developing a voice/video conferencing system, and
I could use some help. I've been looking at Cisco MeetingPlace and the
various MCS servers. What I'd like to do is have a single MCS server
in my main office and remote users connecting across T1 and frac T1
from remote sites. I'll have QoS set up on the T1s.

This isn't going to be a big system. I doubt that more than 15-20
people will use it at once for monthly conferences. I do want to make
sure I'm looking at the right hardware and software for the system.
I'm experienced with Cisco routers and switches, but I'm new to voice
and video.

I already have a 3825 in my main office and a 2811 in one of the remote
sites; I'll add more 2811s to the remote sites as needed. I'm already
using CallManager Express and don't expect to use CallManager. I don't
plan on using Unity or UnityExpress anytime soon.

I am considering the 7815 or 7825, but am uncertain if they can handle
videoconferencing. Webconferencing would also be a nice feature but is
not a primary concern. There are no plans for anyone outside the WAN
accessing this system.

So, if anyone has any ideas, I greatly appreciate the help.

elil.netking@gmail.com

Why not go in for a traditional Video Conf System like Polycom.

Rgds,