Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: L2TP tunnel for BGP peering

Re: L2TP tunnel for BGP peering

Kana

Hi,
Due to cost issues tied to direct IPLC, we are thinking of running
BGP sessions with upstream providers through L2TP tunnels. It would be
very helpful, if anyone in the group share advises on the pros and
cons of this setup. A few other doubts are:

- We have concerns on the stability of the virtual link like quality
drop etc. Are there any mechanism to improve this as drop of tunnel
would cause BGP flapping/dampening ?
- What would be the overhead on the bandwidth throughtput?

We would like to get more input before looking into further. Thanks

Regards,
Kanagaraj Krishna