Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > RJ-45 to RJ-45 Console Cable -- How to set up in Hyperterm?

RJ-45 to RJ-45 Console Cable -- How to set up in Hyperterm?

A Sharp

Most 1601R's I've received have the RJ-45 to Serial 9 connectors, which are
easy to set up in Hyperterm on Windows XP. How do you communicate via the
console with the RJ-45 to RJ-45 cables they now supply?

Thanks.

A Sharp

"A Sharp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qXgjg.12192$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Most 1601R's I've received have the RJ-45 to Serial 9 connectors, which
> are easy to set up in Hyperterm on Windows XP. How do you communicate via
> the console with the RJ-45 to RJ-45 cables they now supply?

OK, a serial converter came in the box and that solved my problem. But all
of the other routers come with a console cable as I described above. Is the
console cable RJ45 to RJ45 for remote management via the network?

thrill5

You have it backwards. The RJ45 cable with the converter was the original
packaging. The RJ45 with the DB9 attached at the other end has only been
out a year or two.

Scott

news:b6ijg.12203$(E-Mail Removed). ..