Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > If I do the UPGRADE Exams from MCSD.NET to MCPD will I lose MCSD?

If I do the UPGRADE Exams from MCSD.NET to MCPD will I lose MCSD?

Msft Certified

Hi all,

I have read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for the NEW Generation of
Certifications at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/faq/

One of the answers to the questions says:

" [Are you currently a] MCSD [Microsoft Certified Solution Developer] or
MCAD [Microsoft Certified Application Developer]? Your credentials continue
to be recognized by Microsoft, and you do not need to do anything to
maintain them.
Upgrade options for the new Visual Studio 2005 credentials will be available
for those who are currently certified as either MCAD or MCSD in Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET "

So I conclude that if I'm a MCSD.NET now and do nothing, I will be a
MCSD.NET "forever". OK, that's great.

BUT, my question now is this: if I DO "upgrade" my MCSD.NET credential to
MCPD, namely through UPGRADE Exam 70-553 -
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-553.asp - and UPGRADE Exam
70-554 - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-554.asp - will I still
KEEP my MCSD.NET Certification (AND also get the new one - MCPD)... or by
upgrading my MCSD to MCPD (through the UPGRADE Exams), am I effectively
"losing" my MCSD status?

Sorry if this is a "dumb" question... but I'm not 100% sure on this one, and
would like to be! :-/

Could you answer this, please?

Thanks in advance!

Death from Above

No.

Death from Above
MCPD: EAD
MCSD.NET

Msft Certified

Hi,

"Death from Above" wrote :

> No.
> [meaning: if you do the UPGRADE Exams from MCSD.NET to MCPD you will NOT
> lose the MCSD status]

OK, thanks a lot for your reply!

Lorenzo Barbieri [MVP]

Msft Certified wrote:
> BUT, my question now is this: if I DO "upgrade" my MCSD.NET
> credential to MCPD, namely through UPGRADE Exam 70-553 -
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-553.asp - and UPGRADE Exam
> 70-554 - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-554.asp - will I
> still KEEP my MCSD.NET Certification (AND also get the new one -
> MCPD)... or by upgrading my MCSD to MCPD (through the UPGRADE Exams),
> am I effectively "losing" my MCSD status?

No, you keep your MCSD status.
--
Lorenzo Barbieri
MVP Windows - Virtual Machines, MCT, MCPD Web&Win, MCITPro DBA, MCTS

Msft Certified

Hi,

"Lorenzo Barbieri [MVP]" wrote :

> No, you keep your MCSD status [even when you do the UPGRADE Exams from
> MCSD.NET to MCPD]

OK Lorenzo. Thanks a lot for your informative reply!

I'm a MCSD . Can I take upgrade exams for MCPD? =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?= Microsoft Certification 2 03-19-2007 08:43 PM
You lose some, and then you lose some ... Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 13 09-24-2006 08:29 AM
MCPD Upgrade Beta Exams Chamith Microsoft Certification 14 02-27-2006 09:59 PM
MCPD Upgrade Beta Exams Chamith MCSD 15 02-27-2006 09:59 PM
Exam Preparation Group, Material wanted for the MCAD --> MCPD Upgrade exams chrish MCAD 0 01-14-2006 07:25 PM

Advertisments