Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > .NET certification !

.NET certification !

abcd

I am MCP in VB6, VC++, .NET 1.1 C# (exam 70-315)

I am planning for .NET 2.0 certifications. Today I was reading about .NET
framework 3.0 is lined up. So feeling if I should wait for .NET framework
3.0 or complete 2.0 certifications....

it looks that lots of new technologies and certifications are coming up from
Microsoft. Right now I am now that enthu as I used to 10 yrs back. but for
the senior develoepr like me I have to learn all this to keep me alive.

CaffieneRush

The 2.0 certifications were only announced about 7 months ago, so why
not take the 2.0 cert and upgrade to the 3.0 certs when they eventually
come out?
If the past is any guide to the future, MS *will* provide an upgrade
path for 2.0 -> 3.0 certs.

In my case, I'm just got my MCSD .Net (1.0/1.1) cert last Friday and am
planning to take the 2 upgrade exams (70-553 and 70-554) later this
year to upgrade the MCSD to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer.
Without MCSD .Net, it would take 1 + 4 prerequisite exams to get MCPD
EAD.
Yes that's 3 less exams I need to take (provided I pass).

So your efforts in getting a 2.0 cert is not going to be wasted when
the 3.0 certs eventually arrives because you can always upgrade.

Andy

neil.weller@gmail.com

CaffieneRush wrote:
> The 2.0 certifications were only announced about 7 months ago, so why
> not take the 2.0 cert and upgrade to the 3.0 certs when they eventually
> come out?
> If the past is any guide to the future, MS *will* provide an upgrade
> path for 2.0 -> 3.0 certs.
>
> In my case, I'm just got my MCSD .Net (1.0/1.1) cert last Friday and am
> planning to take the 2 upgrade exams (70-553 and 70-554) later this
> year to upgrade the MCSD to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer.
> Without MCSD .Net, it would take 1 + 4 prerequisite exams to get MCPD
> EAD.
> Yes that's 3 less exams I need to take (provided I pass).
>
> So your efforts in getting a 2.0 cert is not going to be wasted when
> the 3.0 certs eventually arrives because you can always upgrade.
>
> Andy
>
> abcd wrote:
> > I am MCP in VB6, VC++, .NET 1.1 C# (exam 70-315)
> >
> > I am planning for .NET 2.0 certifications. Today I was reading about .NET
> > framework 3.0 is lined up. So feeling if I should wait for .NET framework
> > 3.0 or complete 2.0 certifications....
> >
> > it looks that lots of new technologies and certifications are coming up from
> > Microsoft. Right now I am now that enthu as I used to 10 yrs back. but for
> > the senior develoepr like me I have to learn all this to keep me alive.

With .Net 3.0, from what I understand, the core parts of the .Net 2.0
framework will be the same. So, I suspect that when the 3.0 exams come
out then they will be for the WinFx specific features WCF, WF etc.

Also, with Orcas coming out at the end of 2007 (currently) then I don't
see any new exams appearing until early 2008.

Neil