Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > .Net 3.0

.Net 3.0

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

Yup thats right.
WinFX has changed its name to .Net 3.0.
http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/

naturally its not just WinFX its the entire Vista platform. The only problem
with that is now you have new certs that are barely out for .net 2.0 with now
..net 3.0 around the corner.
So if I take a test this time next year what cert will it be for?

oh my!

<< While I was at work, Sean spurted out:
> Yup thats right.
> WinFX has changed its name to .Net 3.0.
> http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/
>
> naturally its not just WinFX its the entire Vista platform. The only
> problem with that is now you have new certs that are barely out for
> .net 2.0 with now .net 3.0 around the corner.
> So if I take a test this time next year what cert will it be for?
>
> oh my!

Go for 2.0 now, then upgrade to 3.0 when it comes out.

--
BD
MCNGP #00110011

Simon Hart

Vista will be a slow uptake and WinFX is a long way off yet.

Simon.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

neil.weller@gmail.com

Simon Hart wrote:
> Vista will be a slow uptake and WinFX is a long way off yet.
>
> Simon.
>
> "Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yup thats right.
> > WinFX has changed its name to .Net 3.0.
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/
> >
> > naturally its not just WinFX its the entire Vista platform. The only
> > problem
> > with that is now you have new certs that are barely out for .net 2.0 with
> > now
> > .net 3.0 around the corner.
> > So if I take a test this time next year what cert will it be for?
> >
> > oh my!

I don't think that November is a long way off.... That was the last
info from MS, November release to MSDN Subscribers then Early 2007 for
retail.

Of course, that may have slipped, which would be a real shocker!!

Neil

Gorm Braarvig

> Yup thats right.
> WinFX has changed its name to .Net 3.0.
> http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/
>
> naturally its not just WinFX its the entire Vista platform. The only
> problem
> with that is now you have new certs that are barely out for .net 2.0 with
> now
> .net 3.0 around the corner.
> So if I take a test this time next year what cert will it be for?
>
> oh my!

My first guess is that an (almost or entirely) unchanged version of 70-536
will be required for any .NET 3.0 certification track, 70-529 and 70-549
might survive too. Hard to explain, this version upgrade, looks more like a
publicity stunt than anything else (Vista and office runs on a new version
of the .NET Framework, the .NET 2.0+APIs, sorry: .NET Framework 3.0, of
course)

Simon Hart

But the rollout will be *alot* longer.

Simon.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Simon Hart wrote:
>> Vista will be a slow uptake and WinFX is a long way off yet.
>>
>> Simon.
>>
>> "Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Yup thats right.
>> > WinFX has changed its name to .Net 3.0.
>> > http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/
>> >
>> > naturally its not just WinFX its the entire Vista platform. The only
>> > problem
>> > with that is now you have new certs that are barely out for .net 2.0
>> > with
>> > now
>> > .net 3.0 around the corner.
>> > So if I take a test this time next year what cert will it be for?
>> >
>> > oh my!
>> >

> I don't think that November is a long way off.... That was the last
> info from MS, November release to MSDN Subscribers then Early 2007 for
> retail.
>
> Of course, that may have slipped, which would be a real shocker!!
>
> Neil

Wessel Troost

> I don't think that November is a long way off.... That was the last
> info from MS, November release to MSDN Subscribers then Early 2007 for
> retail.

The Vista beta version looks like it has a long way to go still. Broken
search, seriously confused defender, poor multitasking... I can't imagine
they'll fix it all before November! And the exams usually trail the
actual product by half a year.

So the current exams should be good for more than a year at the very least.

Greetings,
Wessel

=?Utf-8?B?TWVocmFuIE5pa29v?=

I knew this would happen! Increasing the release version by 1 is rather
misleading. As you may know .NET Framework 3.0 is based on .NET Framework 2.0
so you are using the same CLR, and there are no changes to the existing Base
Class Library so ASP.NET 2.0, ADO.NET 2.0 and WinForms 2.0 will remain
intact, same for their certification.

As far as I know, there is no official announcement as to whether there will
be a new set of certifications based on .NET Framework 3.0, but common sense
says there will be something. However it will be in addition to .NET 2.0 so
it is very likely that you need to get certified for .NET 2.0 and then pass
more exams to cover WCF, WPF and WF.

--
Mehran Nikoo