Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Exchange Server 2003

Exchange Server 2003

=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?=

I have a problem when i try to install new exchange server it asks for an
account with admin rights at the organisational level and dont know what
the account is.Is there any way i can go around this.please Help

Neil

did you hear =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> e any way i can go around this.

nope.

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

IT Geek

The best way to run the install is with an account that has domain admin,
enterprise admin, and the most important is schema admin rights. The reason
being is that it will need to extend the schema. Once the installation is
done, you will need to go ahead and create the different exchange admin
groups, once those groups are created you can go and add what ever users to
those groups.
I hope this helps, I know posting a question in these news groups can be
like playing Russian Rolette

news:Xns97FC8DF7EB739neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> e any way i can go around this.

> nope.
>
> --
> The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
>
> - Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Maxim M. Kazachek

Brian wrote:
> I have a problem when i try to install new exchange server it asks for an
> account with admin rights at the organisational level and dont know what
> the account is.Is there any way i can go around this.please Help

You need to run
setup /forestprep
with Schema admin rights for extending schema for forest. If my memory
serves me right, you'll be asked about account that will have enterprise
administrative rights in exchange organization. Then you need to run
setup /domainprep
with Domain admins rights. After that, you can run setup from account
you've specified in /forestprep stage to install Exchange on server. Of
course you need to have local Administrator rights to do it