Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Security configuration for a partition

Security configuration for a partition

=?Utf-8?B?bmFydmFu?=

Hello everyboddy
When I configer my partitions security after a clean w2kp instalation , I
remove the EVERYONE from the root and add administrators and system groups
and force this to all childs in boot partition in order to remove all
everyone from the sub folders,and this will remove users and creator owners
from the subfolders.I have passed 210-215 and 216 exams 2 years ago.Is there
any chapter about this configuration in other courses of mcse?what course?I
whant to know the best way to configer partitions security and its corredt
way.Also a few days ago,I went to internet with a USER account costumized
with deny to write permesion for my c partition,but after a search,I saw a
spyware file copied on c:\ and when I check that file security tab,I saw
administrators group.How it is posible?

vlape

The outline of the test is on hte MS site. As far as your file
permission issue something somewhere is not right. Is the user account
a local user or domain user? are you using a GP to force the
permissions or NTFS? remember L-S-D-OU. check to see if you have
conflicting permissions.

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 17:12:01 -0700, narvan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello everyboddy
>When I configer my partitions security after a clean w2kp instalation , I
>remove the EVERYONE from the root and add administrators and system groups
>and force this to all childs in boot partition in order to remove all
>everyone from the sub folders,and this will remove users and creator owners
>from the subfolders.I have passed 210-215 and 216 exams 2 years ago.Is there
>any chapter about this configuration in other courses of mcse?what course?I
>whant to know the best way to configer partitions security and its corredt
>way.Also a few days ago,I went to internet with a USER account costumized
>with deny to write permesion for my c partition,but after a search,I saw a
>spyware file copied on c:\ and when I check that file security tab,I saw
>administrators group.How it is posible?

=?Utf-8?B?bmFydmFu?=

Hi vlape, sorry for my dlay in responce.It is a standalone pc in a workgroup
and there is no group policy.there are a user account, an admin account and a
guest.Can you give me a link for a refrence how to configure the ntfs
permision as a high secure metod.best regards.