Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT:things that make you go hmmmmm

OT:things that make you go hmmmmm

MitchS

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:
>

>> I blame Bill Gates.

> You can't do that anymore. He's running for saint.

He only needs 3 more miracles and death.

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sounds more like MS is facing a cash crunch

> No chance in hell. 35 Billion in cash reserves last I checked.

They just need someone to budget their money for them.

I'm good at it, just ask my wife!

FrisbeeŽ

"MitchS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:
>>

>>> I blame Bill Gates.

>> You can't do that anymore. He's running for saint.

> He only needs 3 more miracles and death.

His first miracle was this (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kildall):

In 1980, IBM approached Digital Research for a version of CP/M for its
upcoming IBM PC. Legend has it that Kildall snubbed the IBM representatives
by going flying in his Pitts Special (an aerobatic biplane) for several
hours. Although widespread, the story is generally not accepted to be true
because it was Kildall's wife, Dorothy, who handled business negotiations,
not Kildall himself. Another story has it that IBM representatives wanted
Dorothy to sign their standard non-disclosure agreement, which Dorothy
considered overly burdensome. Kildall associate Gordon Eubanks has said that
the non-disclosure was signed, but that Kildall was not enthusiastic about
porting CP/M to the IBM PC's 8088 processor[1]. IBM related the story to
Bill Gates, who was already providing the ROM BASIC interpreter for the PC,
and Gates offered to provide an operating system as well, but he did not own
one at the time. Seattle Computer Products was building a computer around
the new Intell 8088 chip, and they needed a operating system for it. Tim
Paterson, one of their employees, wrote QDOS, which stands for "Quick and
Dirty Operating System." Gates obtained rights to it and licensed it to IBM,
thus beginning MS-DOS/PC-DOS.

kpg

As MitchS once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\199983.htm (6/27/2006
> 3:10:37 PM) # "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:
>>

>>> I blame Bill Gates.

>> You can't do that anymore. He's running for saint.

> He only needs 3 more miracles and death.

3 more? You only need 3 - total.

Let's see...does ME count as a miricle? It made me
call unto God more than once.

kpg

As FrisbeeŽ once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

> His first miracle was this (from
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kildall):
>
> In 1980, IBM approached Digital Research for a version of CP/M for its
> upcoming IBM PC. Legend has it that Kildall snubbed the IBM
> representatives by going flying in his Pitts Special (an aerobatic
> biplane) for several hours. Although widespread, the story is
> generally not accepted to be true because it was Kildall's wife,
> Dorothy, who handled business negotiations, not Kildall himself.
> Another story has it that IBM representatives wanted Dorothy to sign
> their standard non-disclosure agreement, which Dorothy considered
> overly burdensome. Kildall associate Gordon Eubanks has said that the
> non-disclosure was signed, but that Kildall was not enthusiastic about
> porting CP/M to the IBM PC's 8088 processor[1]. IBM related the story
> to Bill Gates, who was already providing the ROM BASIC interpreter for
> the PC, and Gates offered to provide an operating system as well, but
> he did not own one at the time. Seattle Computer Products was building
> a computer around the new Intell 8088 chip, and they needed a
> operating system for it. Tim Paterson, one of their employees, wrote
> QDOS, which stands for "Quick and Dirty Operating System." Gates
> obtained rights to it and licensed it to IBM, thus beginning
> MS-DOS/PC-DOS.

That's not a miricle. He just used the force:

Bill: "You don't want the rights to the O/S"

IBM: "We don't want the rights to the O/S"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Consultant

does gettin home in one piece after a nite of drinking count? how about
surviving the wrath of an angry wife that found an email from a chick at
work?

"MitchS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:
>>

>>> I blame Bill Gates.

>> You can't do that anymore. He's running for saint.

> He only needs 3 more miracles and death.
>
> --
> Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
> MCNGP XLVIII (Now do the other certs REALLY matter?)
> Stupidity on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> does gettin home in one piece after a nite of drinking count? how about
> surviving the wrath of an angry wife that found an email from a chick at
> work?

Bill drinks? And Melinda found an e-mail of his? You'd think Bill would
password protect his Outlook Express account.

=?Utf-8?B?dmxhcGU=?=

India??

// southpark voice // They took our jobs!

"Neil" wrote:

> http://entmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=7556
>
> --
> The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
>
> - Like, what am I supposed to put HERE?

Neil

did you hear "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> You'd think Bill would
> password protect his Outlook Express account.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

*sniff*

hehehehe, executives actually foloowing sec audit
recommendations...that's for the minions....snert...

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Said the fly, "Let us flee." Said the flea, "Let us fly."

MitchS

> As MitchS once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
>
>> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\199983.htm (6/27/2006
>> 3:10:37 PM) # "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:

>>> You can't do that anymore. He's running for saint.

>> He only needs 3 more miracles and death.

> 3 more? You only need 3 - total.

My point exactly.

> Let's see...does ME count as a miricle? It made me
> call unto God more than once.

Miracles tend to lead to thanks being sent up, not a frantic search for the
spoon to gouge your own eyes out.

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

news:Xns97EF9A9B0D7D3ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .

hmmmmm Jesse Connop Computer Support 1 02-17-2005 11:30 AM
Hmmmmm....George? Harry Da Hat Digital Photography 15 11-19-2003 11:57 AM
Re: A bit O/T...But....hmmmmm.......very amusing! paul s Computer Support 0 07-10-2003 07:18 PM
Re: A bit O/T...But....hmmmmm.......very amusing! Ionizer Computer Support 0 07-10-2003 07:03 PM

Advertisments