Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Happy Monday!

OT: Happy Monday!

Briscobar

6:06am: ring ring...
Groggily, "Hello?"
"Hi Ken, it's Bob at <workplace>. We have a little problem here. Looks like
we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down. Could you come
in early to get them back up and running?"
"Wow, yeah, sure, alright. I'll be in by quarter past 7, instead of my usual
9."

7:10am: ring ring...
Curiously, "Hi Bob. It's Ken. Now, when you said 'all the servers are down',
what did you mean? Because I'm looking at them right now, and they're all up
and running. Our battery backup worked just like it's supposed to, and the
power failure didn't affect the machines at all."
"Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."
"It's not? I thought all computers were servers. Well, anyway, it serves
me."
Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem, ask
<manager> first and have him call me."

Needless to say, that is *not* how I wanted to start my week. And to top it
off, I just found out we don't have next Monday off. Ugh.

--
KB

MCNGP #26
Long live The Ben!

MitchS

news:ec%23vG%(E-Mail Removed)...
> 6:06am: ring ring...
> Groggily, "Hello?"
> "Hi Ken, it's Bob at <workplace>. We have a little problem here. Looks
> like
> we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down. Could you
> come
> in early to get them back up and running?"
> "Wow, yeah, sure, alright. I'll be in by quarter past 7, instead of my
> usual
> 9."
>
> 7:10am: ring ring...
> Curiously, "Hi Bob. It's Ken. Now, when you said 'all the servers are
> down',
> what did you mean? Because I'm looking at them right now, and they're all
> up
> and running. Our battery backup worked just like it's supposed to, and the
> power failure didn't affect the machines at all."
> "Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
> Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."
> "It's not? I thought all computers were servers. Well, anyway, it serves
> me."
> Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem, ask
> <manager> first and have him call me."
>
> Needless to say, that is *not* how I wanted to start my week. And to top
> it
> off, I just found out we don't have next Monday off. Ugh.

Sound like someone has a case of the Mondays.

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

LoopBack

Briscobar wrote:
> 6:06am: ring ring...
> Groggily, "Hello?"
> "Hi Ken, it's Bob at <workplace>. We have a little problem here. Looks like
> we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down. Could you come
> in early to get them back up and running?"
> "Wow, yeah, sure, alright. I'll be in by quarter past 7, instead of my usual
> 9."
>
> 7:10am: ring ring...
> Curiously, "Hi Bob. It's Ken. Now, when you said 'all the servers are down',
> what did you mean? Because I'm looking at them right now, and they're all up
> and running. Our battery backup worked just like it's supposed to, and the
> power failure didn't affect the machines at all."
> "Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
> Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."
> "It's not? I thought all computers were servers. Well, anyway, it serves
> me."
> Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem, ask
> <manager> first and have him call me."
>
> Needless to say, that is *not* how I wanted to start my week. And to top it
> off, I just found out we don't have next Monday off. Ugh.
>
> --
> KB
>
> MCNGP #26
> Long live The Ben!

That guy is just asking to have his home drive deleted. Long live the
BOFH

LoopBack

MitchS wrote:
> "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ec%23vG%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > 6:06am: ring ring...
> > Groggily, "Hello?"
> > "Hi Ken, it's Bob at <workplace>. We have a little problem here. Looks
> > like
> > we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down. Could you
> > come
> > in early to get them back up and running?"
> > "Wow, yeah, sure, alright. I'll be in by quarter past 7, instead of my
> > usual
> > 9."
> >
> > 7:10am: ring ring...
> > Curiously, "Hi Bob. It's Ken. Now, when you said 'all the servers are
> > down',
> > what did you mean? Because I'm looking at them right now, and they're all
> > up
> > and running. Our battery backup worked just like it's supposed to, and the
> > power failure didn't affect the machines at all."
> > "Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
> > Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."
> > "It's not? I thought all computers were servers. Well, anyway, it serves
> > me."
> > Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem, ask
> > <manager> first and have him call me."
> >
> > Needless to say, that is *not* how I wanted to start my week. And to top
> > it
> > off, I just found out we don't have next Monday off. Ugh.

> Sound like someone has a case of the Mondays.
>
> --
> Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
> MCNGP XLVIII (Now do the other certs REALLY matter?)
> Stupidity on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

A case? I'd say that constitutes a shipping container worth of mondays.

FrisbeeŽ

news:ec%23vG%(E-Mail Removed)...
> 6:06am: ring ring...

Slacker. I've already been up for 21 minutes by then.

Imagine what your life would be like if [Briscobar] hadn't posted
{ ec%23vG%(E-Mail Removed) }
---
> 6:06am: ring ring...
> Groggily, "Hello?"
> "Hi Ken, it's Bob at <workplace>. We have a little problem here. Looks like
> we lost power over the weekend and all the servers are down. Could you come
> in early to get them back up and running?"
> "Wow, yeah, sure, alright. I'll be in by quarter past 7, instead of my usual
> 9."
>
> 7:10am: ring ring...
> Curiously, "Hi Bob. It's Ken. Now, when you said 'all the servers are down',
> what did you mean? Because I'm looking at them right now, and they're all up
> and running. Our battery backup worked just like it's supposed to, and the
> power failure didn't affect the machines at all."
> "Oh, when I said 'all the servers are down', I meant my machine.
> Sternly, "Bob, your machine is not a server."
> "It's not? I thought all computers were servers. Well, anyway, it serves
> me."
> Angrily, "Bob, don't call me at home anymore. If you have a problem, ask
> <manager> first and have him call me."
>
> Needless to say, that is *not* how I wanted to start my week. And to top it
> off, I just found out we don't have next Monday off. Ugh.

At least you'[ve got Hawaiian Shirt Fridays to look forward to.

--
Bigus DiŠkus
MCNGP #51

LnkWizard2

Jeez, I am already on my way to work by then. Gotta
beat the traffic in, not becasue it is too crowded but
because I firmly believe that over 1/2 of the drivers
here in Arkansas are NASCAR fabs who want to
use the public highways as their personal racetracks.

They try all those wonderful rtacing maneuvers out while
driving to work. I have had more close calls in the past
three years of driving on AR roads than I have in my enitre
previous driving history. And I had the distinct pleasure of
driving in Washington DC, Riyadh and Dahrain Saudi Arabia,
and even managed to get jammed up in Chicago rush hour once.
Thsoe were all mild comparted to the idots that drive in this state.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ec%23vG%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> 6:06am: ring ring...

> Slacker. I've already been up for 21 minutes by then.

Briscobar

LoopBack <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> That guy is just asking to have his home drive deleted. Long live the
> BOFH

No, what he's asking for is for his computer to be "missing" when he gets to
work tomorrow. That's what he's asking for.

--
KB

MCNGP #26
www.mcngp.com *is* the one who answered the phone.

Briscobar

FrisbeeŽ <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ec%23vG%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> 6:06am: ring ring...

> Slacker. I've already been up for 21 minutes by then.

Yeah, cuz you're old and go to bed right after you finish your early bird
special.

--
KB

MCNGP #26
nerd32768 vowed to kill my family if I didn't add a link to
www.mcngp.com to my signature.

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> FrisbeeŽ <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
>>
>> "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ec%23vG%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> 6:06am: ring ring...

>> Slacker. I've already been up for 21 minutes by then.

> Yeah, cuz you're old and go to bed right after you finish your early bird
> special.

Unless the NBA finals are on, in which case I walk around like a zombie the
next day. I'm sure glad they're over.

OT: Happy Happy Joy Joy! Mike T. MCSE 79 11-19-2006 08:22 PM
[QUIZ SOLUTION] Happy Numbers (#93) - happy bases Daniel Martin Ruby 1 09-06-2006 07:06 PM
HEXUS.opinions :: Have a happy happy gaming holiday Silverstrand Front Page News 0 12-23-2005 04:12 PM
Happy Happy Joy Joy, I recovered my photos Tama Mativa Digital Photography 9 05-24-2004 04:58 PM
happy happy christmas showgun MCSE 26 12-17-2003 07:11 PM

Advertisments