Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Newsreader of choice

OT: Newsreader of choice

Wayne McGlinn

"Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please to be listing favorite newsreader?
>
> --
> Mostly Gizzards
>
> A+ Network+ MCSA

Windows Mail v7.0 (I'm running Vista on all my machines now)

Wayne

Cerebrus

Wayne McGlinn wrote:
> "Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Please to be listing favorite newsreader?
> >
> > --
> > Mostly Gizzards
> >
> > A+ Network+ MCSA
> >

> Windows Mail v7.0 (I'm running Vista on all my machines now)
>
> Wayne

Ohhh ! You were talking about *that* newsreader ! Why didn't you say so
!

Cerebrus

Wayne McGlinn wrote:
> "Mostly Gizzards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Please to be listing favorite newsreader?
> >
> > --
> > Mostly Gizzards
> >
> > A+ Network+ MCSA
> >

> Windows Mail v7.0 (I'm running Vista on all my machines now)
>
> Wayne

Ohhh ! You were talking about *that* newsreader ! Why didn't you say so
!

Mendoza

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:22:36 -0500, Mostly Gizzards said...

>Please to be listing favorite newsreader?

I've used a number of readers over the years, and have had the best luck with a
newsreader call Xnews (http://xnews.newsguy.com).

Clean interface, works well with both text & binary newsgroups, and it's also
free

Mendoza wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:22:36 -0500, Mostly Gizzards said...
> >
> >Please to be listing favorite newsreader?

> I've used a number of readers over the years, and have had the best luck with a
> newsreader call Xnews (http://xnews.newsguy.com).
>
> Clean interface, works well with both text & binary newsgroups, and it's also
> free

I tried it on your recommendation. Definitely NOT intuitive. The manual
doesn't describe how to set it up. I did however get it set up, but the
options and features are hard to understand. Checked out a few online
guides too, but most are crappy.

Cerebrus

Mendoza wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:22:36 -0500, Mostly Gizzards said...
> >
> >Please to be listing favorite newsreader?

> I've used a number of readers over the years, and have had the best luck with a
> newsreader call Xnews (http://xnews.newsguy.com).
>
> Clean interface, works well with both text & binary newsgroups, and it's also
> free

I tried it on your recommendation. Definitely NOT intuitive. The manual
doesn't describe how to set it up. I did however get it set up, but the
options and features are hard to understand. Checked out a few online
guides too, but most are crappy.

LoopBack

Cerebrus wrote:
> I tried it on your recommendation. Definitely NOT intuitive. The manual
> doesn't describe how to set it up. I did however get it set up, but the
> options and features are hard to understand. Checked out a few online
> guides too, but most are crappy.

anybody got a newsreader that runs from the command line? or is
dosshell style enviroment?

LoopBack

Cerebrus wrote:
> I tried it on your recommendation. Definitely NOT intuitive. The manual
> doesn't describe how to set it up. I did however get it set up, but the
> options and features are hard to understand. Checked out a few online
> guides too, but most are crappy.

anybody got a newsreader that runs from the command line? or is
dosshell style enviroment?

JaR

"LoopBack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1150448060.192856.198980
@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> anybody got a newsreader that runs from the command line? or is
> dosshell style enviroment?

Sure; slrn.

--
JaR