Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > screensaver for IP phone

screensaver for IP phone

Ivan Ostres

Are there any examples available, how to create screensaver for Cisco IP
phone?

Ivan

Chad Whitten

there is a tool that comes with the ip phone SDK software (downloadable from
cisco) that can convert a gif image into an xml format that can be
displayed on the phone. its a command line based program call gif2cip or
something like that.

after creating the image, you can set the idle url on your cisco callmanager
for the phone to the url where the image file is located. if you arent
using callmanager, i have no idea how to get the phone to display the
image.

--
Chad Whitten
Network/Systems Administrator

Ivan Ostres

"Chad Whitten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> there is a tool that comes with the ip phone SDK software (downloadable

from
> cisco) that can convert a gif image into an xml format that can be
> displayed on the phone. its a command line based program call gif2cip or
> something like that.
>
> after creating the image, you can set the idle url on your cisco

callmanager
> for the phone to the url where the image file is located. if you arent
> using callmanager, i have no idea how to get the phone to display the
> image.

Thanks for the response. I do use the Call Manager so I'll give it a try..

Ivan