Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCAD Exam 70-306 Questions

MCAD Exam 70-306 Questions

=?Utf-8?B?SkhhcmRpbjExMTI=?=

I am going to try and get to a test center this Friday and take the Exam
70-306, however, it's my first exam, so I'm anxious and curious. What can I
expect? How many questions, time limit, computer based or paper test. How
hard, how do they score, what is the least i have to get to pass? Do they
tell you immediately afterwards if you have passed or failed? And if anyone
has any additional info they think would be relevant for a newbie like
myself, your answers will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
--
-Jeremy Hardin
Programmer, RV Logic, Inc.

Cerebrus

Hi JHardin1112,

Comments inline :

> I am going to try and get to a test center this Friday and take the Exam
> 70-306, however, it's my first exam, so I'm anxious and curious.

That's normal, don't worry about it.

> What can I expect? How many questions, time limit,

Questions and time limit vary. Usually 35 - 55 questions and 2 - 3 hrs.

> computer based or paper test.

Huh !!???? Don't you think you should be aware of this by now ? I
thought you said you were going to give the test this Friday. The rest
of your questions are also of the type which a person who beginning
preparation for an exam would ask. Or are you starting your preparation
now ?

> what is the least i have to get to pass? Do they tell you immediately afterwards if you > have passed or failed?

About 70% is pass mark. Yes, you will know the result immediately.

Cerebrus

Hi JHardin1112,

Comments inline :

> I am going to try and get to a test center this Friday and take the Exam
> 70-306, however, it's my first exam, so I'm anxious and curious.

That's normal, don't worry about it.

> What can I expect? How many questions, time limit,

Questions and time limit vary. Usually 35 - 55 questions and 2 - 3 hrs.

> computer based or paper test.

Huh !!???? Don't you think you should be aware of this by now ? I
thought you said you were going to give the test this Friday. The rest
of your questions are also of the type which a person who beginning
preparation for an exam would ask. Or are you starting your preparation
now ?

> what is the least i have to get to pass? Do they tell you immediately afterwards if you > have passed or failed?

About 70% is pass mark. Yes, you will know the result immediately.

=?Utf-8?B?SkhhcmRpbjExMTI=?=

lol!, no I've done extensive research, throughout the Microsoft website, I
just wasn't sure how up to date their site was, I figured I'd ask in case
maybe things had changed. Ok, wow, that doesn't even seem like a lot of
questions. See my boss bought the books from MS Press so I could study, and
the book set included a CD-ROM with practice questions on it. I have been
taking the practice exam questions, but they only give you 50 at a time and
no more than 50 minutes to complete them. Basically what i am trying to say
is that I have no idea what to expect other than what I have experienced with
the practice questions. Well thanks for the answer Cerebrus, and hopefully I
will be back by next week to Post my good news that I passed!
--
-Jeremy Hardin
Programmer, RV Logic, Inc.

JHardin1112 wrote:
> lol!, no I've done extensive research, throughout the Microsoft website, I
> just wasn't sure how up to date their site was, I figured I'd ask in case
> maybe things had changed. Ok, wow, that doesn't even seem like a lot of
> questions. See my boss bought the books from MS Press so I could study, and
> the book set included a CD-ROM with practice questions on it. I have been
> taking the practice exam questions, but they only give you 50 at a time and
> no more than 50 minutes to complete them. Basically what i am trying to say
> is that I have no idea what to expect other than what I have experienced with
> the practice questions. Well thanks for the answer Cerebrus, and hopefully I
> will be back by next week to Post my good news that I passed!
> --
> -Jeremy Hardin
> Programmer, RV Logic, Inc.

> See my boss bought the books from MS Press so I could study

You are one lucky fella ! May everyone have a boss like yours !

I would recommend you take a look at some of the Que books for each
exam that you intend to give. If you're outta time, atleast give the
Exam Cram2 book a quick read. It also has some practice tests that I
think are *very* good for practice. I wouldn't have dared to go give
any of the exams only after reading the MS Press books. They're not
very comprehensive, if you understand me.

Cerebrus

JHardin1112 wrote:
> lol!, no I've done extensive research, throughout the Microsoft website, I
> just wasn't sure how up to date their site was, I figured I'd ask in case
> maybe things had changed. Ok, wow, that doesn't even seem like a lot of
> questions. See my boss bought the books from MS Press so I could study, and
> the book set included a CD-ROM with practice questions on it. I have been
> taking the practice exam questions, but they only give you 50 at a time and
> no more than 50 minutes to complete them. Basically what i am trying to say
> is that I have no idea what to expect other than what I have experienced with
> the practice questions. Well thanks for the answer Cerebrus, and hopefully I
> will be back by next week to Post my good news that I passed!
> --
> -Jeremy Hardin
> Programmer, RV Logic, Inc.

> See my boss bought the books from MS Press so I could study

You are one lucky fella ! May everyone have a boss like yours !

I would recommend you take a look at some of the Que books for each
exam that you intend to give. If you're outta time, atleast give the
Exam Cram2 book a quick read. It also has some practice tests that I
think are *very* good for practice. I wouldn't have dared to go give
any of the exams only after reading the MS Press books. They're not
very comprehensive, if you understand me.

=?Utf-8?B?SkhhcmRpbjExMTI=?=

well I've been taking the practice exams twice a day now and each time, I am
studying my incorrect answers and the explanations of why they are wrong, so
from that point, I am getting higher pass & on the practice exam, my highest
so far is an 84%. I am not memorizing the answers, I know that some people
do that, I am actually studying it all, and I believe that by next Monday or
Tuesday I will be ready to get in there and pass this exam 70-306!!!
--
-Jeremy Hardin
Programmer, RV Logic, Inc.