Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Building to Building wireless

Building to Building wireless

Patriot

Can someone please tell me how to implement a wireless solution from Bld A
to Bldg B with a two miles distance between them. What equipment do I use in
term of Bridges, router/switches and what is the best antenna to use. I need
to implement this in Vermont where they normally get lot of snow. What is
the best antenna for the outside weather.
I am working with a budget of about $4000

Any help will be greatly Appreciated

Salus

Well, here is something I've done recently.

http://www.unixcircle.com/features/802.11b_freebsd.php

Do not worry about the WEP encryption and its weakness and switch to
openVPN (not necessary to recompile the kernel)

http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/

So, 500 US$ for a box + a recognized wifi adapter.

=> here is a solution for 1000 us$ the rest you can give to
www.freebsd.org

Cheers

Sebastien

> I am working with a budget of about $4000
>
> Any help will be greatly Appreciated

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Patriot <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Can someone please tell me how to implement a wireless solution from Bld A
:to Bldg B with a two miles distance between them. What equipment do I use in
:term of Bridges, router/switches and what is the best antenna to use.

alt.internet.wireless has a lot of good discussion on these topics.

--
"The human genome is powerless in the face of chocolate."
-- Dr. Adam Drewnowski