Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > What certifications are better: MCAD+MCSD or the three MCTS ?

What certifications are better: MCAD+MCSD or the three MCTS ?

tomjbr.32022025@bloglines.com

As far as I can understand, the three MCTS's certifications seems to be
overlapping with MCAD+MCSD, at least in the sense that both of them can
lead to MCPD's.

Will the certifications MCAD and MCSD soon become available for .NET
2.0 & Visual Studio 2005 ???

I am about to choose certification path, and am wondering which one of
these two alternatives would be a better choice ???

Alternative 1:
MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications
MCPD: Web Developer
MCPD: Windows Developer
MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer
(
I would achieve the above 6 certifications with the following 7 exams:
Exam 70-536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Application
Development Foundation
Exam 70-528: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Web-Based Client
Development
Exam 70-526: TS - Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Windows-based Client
Development
Exam 70-529: TS - Microsoft .NET Framework Distributed Application
Development
Exam 70-547: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications by Using
the Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
Exam 70-548: PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications by
Using the Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
Exam 70-549: PRO - Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications
by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
)

Alternative 2:
MCAD
MCSD
MCPD: Web Developer
MCPD: Windows Developer
MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer
(
I would achieve the above 5 certifications with the following 9 exams:
70-315: Developing and Implementing Web Applications with MS Visual C#
..NET and MS Visual Studio .NET
70-320: Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with MS
Visual C# and the MS .NET Framework
70-316: Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with MS
Visual C# .NET and MS Visual Studio .NET
70-300: Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solution Architectures
(obligatorisk)
70-230: Designing and Implementing Solutions with MS BizTalk Server
2000, Enterprise Edition (t.ex.)
70-551: UPGRADE: MCAD skills to MCPD: Web Developer by Using the
Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
70-552: UPGRADE: MCAD Skills to MCPD: Windows Developer by Using the
Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
70-553: UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD: Enterprise
Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
70-554: UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD: Enterprise
Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework: Part 2
)

/ Tomas

Wessel Troost

Hi Thomas,

As far as I understand it, MCTS and MCPD are the new MCAD and MCSD. So if
you are starting your certification, I'd go with the newest one, and head
for MCTS right away.

Greetings
Wessel

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:59:57 +0200, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [...]

> Visual C# and the MS .NET Framework
> 70-316: Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with MS
> Visual C# .NET and MS Visual Studio .NET
> 70-300: Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solution Architectures
> (obligatorisk)
> 70-230: Designing and Implementing Solutions with MS BizTalk Server
> 2000, Enterprise Edition (t.ex.)
> 70-551: UPGRADE: MCAD skills to MCPD: Web Developer by Using the
> Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
> 70-552: UPGRADE: MCAD Skills to MCPD: Windows Developer by Using the
> Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
> 70-553: UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD: Enterprise
> Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
> 70-554: UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD: Enterprise
> Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework: Part 2

=?Utf-8?B?TWVocmFuIE5pa29v?=

It really depends on which version of framework you are using at work. If you
are using 1.1 then MCAD and MCSD.NET seem more suitable. If you are using
v2.0 then go for MCTS and MCPD.

--
Mehran Nikoo
http://www.mehranikoo.net

"Wessel Troost" wrote:

> [...]
> > Visual C# and the MS .NET Framework
> > 70-316: Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with MS
> > Visual C# .NET and MS Visual Studio .NET
> > 70-300: Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solution Architectures
> > (obligatorisk)
> > 70-230: Designing and Implementing Solutions with MS BizTalk Server
> > 2000, Enterprise Edition (t.ex.)
> > 70-551: UPGRADE: MCAD skills to MCPD: Web Developer by Using the
> > Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
> > 70-552: UPGRADE: MCAD Skills to MCPD: Windows Developer by Using the
> > Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
> > 70-553: UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD: Enterprise
> > Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
> > 70-554: UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD: Enterprise
> > Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework: Part 2

Cerebrus

Wessel is right.

Cerebrus

Wessel is right.

Death from Above

Not exactly. The MCTS is the new MCP. MCPD Win and MCPD Web are the new
MCAD and the MCPD EAD is the new MCSD.

This should be obvious because of the number of exams required for each and
the upgrade paths provided by Microsoft.

Death from Above

"Wessel Troost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.ta6yixemf3yrl7@asbel...
> [...]

>> Visual C# and the MS .NET Framework
>> 70-316: Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with MS
>> Visual C# .NET and MS Visual Studio .NET
>> 70-300: Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solution Architectures
>> (obligatorisk)
>> 70-230: Designing and Implementing Solutions with MS BizTalk Server
>> 2000, Enterprise Edition (t.ex.)
>> 70-551: UPGRADE: MCAD skills to MCPD: Web Developer by Using the
>> Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
>> 70-552: UPGRADE: MCAD Skills to MCPD: Windows Developer by Using the
>> Microsoft .NET Framework (tillgängligt sommaren 2006)
>> 70-553: UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD: Enterprise
>> Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
>> 70-554: UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD: Enterprise
>> Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework: Part 2

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNvaXM=?=

I want to make a break into the IT industry and I am thinking of doing MCAD
and then MCSD.

If what you say is correct what would then be the more wise investment in
terms of time and money seeing as I will be new to the IT industry: to do
MCAD/MCSD or the MCTS and or MCPD?

Is there an increase in companies as to there implimentation of .Net 2.0 or
are most sticking to the previous version. I reckon this might be an
indication as to which of the certicifations to go for?

Any thoughts?
Francois