Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > NAT/Virtual IP's

NAT/Virtual IP's

Paul

Hi,

here is the scenario, and I am hoping someone can help me with the
logic.

We have two different ISP's that are going to feed into a 2620XM
router with two WIC's.

I have them configured on the WIC side, but i'm curious to know what I
should configure the fast ethernet port to for an IP address.

Traditionally we plugged the ISP directly into the firewall, and set
the firewall up as the managed IP address that we would get from the
ISP.

But now we're going to plug both isp's into a router at the same
time.. what do we set as the ip address?? can the fast ethernet port
have two addresses?

Correct me if my logic is wrong, but if we can setup two virtual IP
addresses on the firewall (which it can do) then we can at least ping
both from outside the firewall.. How does it go from the router into
the firewall??

Any help is appreciated.

Paul

Geert Nijs

1) to configure more than one ip adress on an interface, use secondary
command:
ip address <ipa> <mask>
ip address <ipb> <maskb> secondary

2) You can setup two virtual ip adresses on the firewall, but are you sure
that these ip adresses
don't have to be in the same subnet ?

3) Anyway, i don't see the point in having two ISPs connected to one router
with one uplink
to a firewall. You are going to have routing problems, since you can only
use one ISP as default route...........

Geert

"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...