Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Retrieving Passwords

Retrieving Passwords

pixturesk@gmail.com

I am using Firefox 1.5.0.4. Whenever I sign up to a new site or service
on the internet, the Firefox "remember PW' window comes up asking me if
I want Firefox to remember my sign up info to which I always say "yes".
Is there somewhere in Firefox or the Firefox folder in Program Files on
my Win98SE, where I can access all this "username/pw" information? I
just want to print out a list of all these. I am not of the computer
generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

> I am using Firefox 1.5.0.4. Whenever I sign up to a new site or service
> on the internet, the Firefox "remember PW' window comes up asking me if
> I want Firefox to remember my sign up info to which I always say "yes".
> Is there somewhere in Firefox or the Firefox folder in Program Files on
> my Win98SE, where I can access all this "username/pw" information? I
> just want to print out a list of all these. I am not of the computer
> generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

yes
[Tools-->Options]*-->Privacy [Passwords]
<View Saved Passwords>
And if you want to actually SEE the passwords then <Show Passwords>

*varies by OS
Linux
[Edit-->Preferences]
Mac
[Firefox-->Preferences]
Windows as above

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am using Firefox 1.5.0.4. Whenever I sign up to a new site or service
> on the internet, the Firefox "remember PW' window comes up asking me if
> I want Firefox to remember my sign up info to which I always say "yes".
> Is there somewhere in Firefox or the Firefox folder in Program Files on
> my Win98SE, where I can access all this "username/pw" information? I
> just want to print out a list of all these. I am not of the computer
> generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

yes
[Tools-->Options]*-->Privacy [Passwords]
<View Saved Passwords>
And if you want to actually SEE the passwords then <Show Passwords>

*varies by OS
Linux
[Edit-->Preferences]
Mac
[Firefox-->Preferences]
Windows as above

pixturesk@gmail.com

Thanks so much.
Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am using Firefox 1.5.0.4. Whenever I sign up to a new site or service
> > on the internet, the Firefox "remember PW' window comes up asking me if
> > I want Firefox to remember my sign up info to which I always say "yes".
> > Is there somewhere in Firefox or the Firefox folder in Program Files on
> > my Win98SE, where I can access all this "username/pw" information? I
> > just want to print out a list of all these. I am not of the computer
> > generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.
> >

> yes
> [Tools-->Options]*-->Privacy [Passwords]
> <View Saved Passwords>
> And if you want to actually SEE the passwords then <Show Passwords>
>

> *varies by OS
> Linux
> [Edit-->Preferences]
> Mac