Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Exporting Bookmarks

Exporting Bookmarks

Charani

I want to export one folder from my Bookmarks into a folder on my
husband's PC's favourites. As far as I can see I can only export the
entire list of bookmarks which may overwrite all his own Favorites.
Is it possible to just export a single folder or should I just forget
about it?

I use Mozilla 1.7.12, my husband use IE.

gwtc

Charani wrote:
> I want to export one folder from my Bookmarks into a folder on my
> husband's PC's favourites. As far as I can see I can only export the
> entire list of bookmarks which may overwrite all his own Favorites.
> Is it possible to just export a single folder or should I just forget
> about it?
>
> I use Mozilla 1.7.12, my husband use IE.

they won't get over written, just added to.

Luckily, you're using Mozilla Suite, and you can do something fancy
with it. First, from the bookmark manager export the bookmarks.html
file [Tools, Export]. Now, Open that file, Tools, Open Bookmarks
File, and open it. Remove all the entries you don't want. Now,
reopen you main bookmark file.

From IE, click on File, Import, and import that edited bookmarks file.

--
So, You Think You Know Everything?

Did you know that "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the
letters "mt".

gwtc

Charani wrote:
> I want to export one folder from my Bookmarks into a folder on my
> husband's PC's favourites. As far as I can see I can only export the
> entire list of bookmarks which may overwrite all his own Favorites.
> Is it possible to just export a single folder or should I just forget
> about it?
>
> I use Mozilla 1.7.12, my husband use IE.

they won't get over written, just added to.

Luckily, you're using Mozilla Suite, and you can do something fancy
with it. First, from the bookmark manager export the bookmarks.html
file [Tools, Export]. Now, Open that file, Tools, Open Bookmarks
File, and open it. Remove all the entries you don't want. Now,
reopen you main bookmark file.

From IE, click on File, Import, and import that edited bookmarks file.

--

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:30:06 -0700, gwtc wrote:

> they won't get over written, just added to.
>
> Luckily, you're using Mozilla Suite, and you can do something fancy
> with it. First, from the bookmark manager export the bookmarks.html
> file [Tools, Export]. Now, Open that file, Tools, Open Bookmarks
> File, and open it. Remove all the entries you don't want. Now,
> reopen you main bookmark file.
>
> From IE, click on File, Import, and import that edited bookmarks file.

Many thanks )

Charani

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:30:06 -0700, gwtc wrote:

> they won't get over written, just added to.
>
> Luckily, you're using Mozilla Suite, and you can do something fancy
> with it. First, from the bookmark manager export the bookmarks.html
> file [Tools, Export]. Now, Open that file, Tools, Open Bookmarks
> File, and open it. Remove all the entries you don't want. Now,
> reopen you main bookmark file.
>
> From IE, click on File, Import, and import that edited bookmarks file.

Many thanks )

exporting bookmarks from pc to mac alan Firefox 2 02-11-2006 09:33 PM
Exporting Bookmarks from FF to IE Nick D. Firefox 2 01-25-2006 09:30 PM
Exporting bookmarks Bob Firefox 1 12-14-2005 06:03 PM
Mozilla Firefox bookmarks exporting. shaji Firefox 4 09-11-2005 12:41 PM

Advertisments