Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird: Return Receipt

Thunderbird: Return Receipt

MB

When I read an email message with return receipt and I click yes in the
prompt window, if I'm offline, TB would have to move the read notify in
the unsent folder so when I'm connect online, TB could send it.
In fact, when I'm offline, TB doesn't work properly and doesn't send the
notify when returning online.
Any suggestions?

MB

gwtc

MB wrote:

> When I read an email message with return receipt and I click yes in the
> prompt window, if I'm offline, TB would have to move the read notify in
> the unsent folder so when I'm connect online, TB could send it.
> In fact, when I'm offline, TB doesn't work properly and doesn't send the
> notify when returning online.
> Any suggestions?
>
> MB

check the following setting: Tools, Options, Advanced, Offline & Disk
Space tab, and where it says "Send unsent messages when going on line"
should be set to yes.

--
So, You Think You Know Everything?

Did you know that no word in the English language rhymes with month,
orange, silver, or purple.

gwtc

MB wrote:

> When I read an email message with return receipt and I click yes in the
> prompt window, if I'm offline, TB would have to move the read notify in
> the unsent folder so when I'm connect online, TB could send it.
> In fact, when I'm offline, TB doesn't work properly and doesn't send the
> notify when returning online.
> Any suggestions?
>
> MB

check the following setting: Tools, Options, Advanced, Offline & Disk
Space tab, and where it says "Send unsent messages when going on line"
should be set to yes.

--
So, You Think You Know Everything?

Did you know that no word in the English language rhymes with month,
orange, silver, or purple.

Miller

*gwtc* wrote on 14.07.06 19:41:
> MB wrote:
>
>> When I read an email message with return receipt and I click yes in the
>> prompt window, if I'm offline, TB would have to move the read notify in
>> the unsent folder so when I'm connect online, TB could send it.
>> In fact, when I'm offline, TB doesn't work properly and doesn't send the
>> notify when returning online.
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> MB

> check the following setting: Tools, Options, Advanced, Offline & Disk
> Space tab, and where it says "Send unsent messages when going on line"
> should be set to yes.

IMHO TB won't send the return receipt either. There was a discussion about
this problem in a german mozilla-group last week. Seems to be a bug - or
a feature.

cu, M

Miller