Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can wav files play in mozilla browser?

Can wav files play in mozilla browser?

One Tuza

I have a background wav file that works fine in IE but with Mozilla
there is silence. I am using:

<bgsound src="snds/screaming.wav" balance=0 volume=0>

Moz Champion (Dan)

One Tuza wrote:
> I have a background wav file that works fine in IE but with Mozilla
> there is silence. I am using:
>
> <bgsound src="snds/screaming.wav" balance=0 volume=0>

If you used a 'standard' command to play music, it would work.
bgsound is a IE only command
embed is a Netscape only command
the proper tag for embedding is object
and/or a javascript

The various methods are explained here
> http://www.webreference.com/js/column20/

However, you can also get bgsound commands to work in Firefox, with the
use of an extension Stop Autoplay
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1765/

There used to be an extension bgsound to embed but it doesnt appear to
have been updated since Firefox 1.0

So, you can install the extension to get bgsound to play in YOUR
Firefox, but that wont assist visitors to your web page in the
slightest. I recommend using another method to provide the sound, either
the object tag or the javascript method (embed too)

Moz Champion (Dan)