Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Loss of arrow keys in input boxes

Loss of arrow keys in input boxes

Jim

Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or
Google with the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys
stop functioning ...

It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on,
the 5 arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...

Anyone else have this?

Moz Champion (Dan)

Jim wrote:
> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
> the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...
>
> It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on, the 5
> arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...
>
> Anyone else have this?

You using Tweakguides by any chance?
Does it occur if you start up in Firefox safe mode?

Moz Champion (Dan)

Jim wrote:
> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
> the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...
>
> It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on, the 5
> arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...
>
> Anyone else have this?

You using Tweakguides by any chance?
Does it occur if you start up in Firefox safe mode?

gwtc

Jim wrote:

> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or
> Google with the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys
> stop functioning ...
>
> It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on,
> the 5 arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...
>
> Anyone else have this?

do you have caps lock on or off?

--
You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . happy hour is a nap.

gwtc

Jim wrote:
> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
> the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...
>
> It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on, the 5
> arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...
>
> Anyone else have this?

YES!!! Damn irritating.

Jim wrote:
> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
> the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...
>
> It isn't that I am using the far RHS ones and have NUMLOCK on, the 5
> arrow keys next to them aren't being recognised either...
>
> Anyone else have this?

YES!!! Damn irritating.

Z wrote:
>> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
>> the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...

> YES!!! Damn irritating.

My original post on this:

From: Z <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla
Subject: Losing control of arrow keys in FF 1.5.0.3

Z wrote:
>> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
>> the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...

> YES!!! Damn irritating.

My original post on this:

From: Z <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla

Moz Champion (Dan)

Z wrote:
> Z wrote:
>>> Occasionally I'll be using the search box on Wikipedia or Google with
>>> the latest version of FF with XP and my arrow keys stop functioning ...

>> YES!!! Damn irritating.

> My original post on this:
>
> From: Z <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla
> Subject: Losing control of arrow keys in FF 1.5.0.3

Well, you have two people attempting to assist, and you dont provide the
information they request!
How about answering the questions they pose?