Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Newbie - some advice please

Newbie - some advice please

Shawk

Finally got round to installing TB 1.5.0.4. Lots of things I like about
it, have set it up to use different quote level colours and that's made
a big difference in long threads. One thing I can't work out....

I subscribe to a number of NG's and some are similar (i.e. games).
After reading one group I'll go to another and find I have to read a lot
of the same threads/posts all over again. This is really annoying. OE
recognises these duplicate posts and automagically marks such crossposts
as read. I can't believe OE does something better than TB so how do I
get TB to do something similar?

Many thanks for any help and advice. Shawk

gwtc

Shawk wrote:
> Finally got round to installing TB 1.5.0.4. Lots of things I like about
> it, have set it up to use different quote level colours and that's made
> a big difference in long threads. One thing I can't work out....
>
> I subscribe to a number of NG's and some are similar (i.e. games).
> After reading one group I'll go to another and find I have to read a lot
> of the same threads/posts all over again. This is really annoying. OE
> recognises these duplicate posts and automagically marks such crossposts
> as read. I can't believe OE does something better than TB so how do I
> get TB to do something similar?
>
> Many thanks for any help and advice. Shawk

can't

--
Murphy's Laws of Computing: A computer program will always do what
you tell it to do, but rarely what you want to do.

gwtc

gwtc wrote:
> Shawk wrote:
>> Finally got round to installing TB 1.5.0.4. Lots of things I like
>> about it, have set it up to use different quote level colours and
>> that's made a big difference in long threads. One thing I can't work
>> out....
>>
>> I subscribe to a number of NG's and some are similar (i.e. games).
>> After reading one group I'll go to another and find I have to read a
>> lot of the same threads/posts all over again. This is really
>> annoying. OE recognises these duplicate posts and automagically marks
>> such crossposts as read. I can't believe OE does something better
>> than TB so how do I get TB to do something similar?
>>
>> Many thanks for any help and advice. Shawk

> can't

After much googling I was starting to suspect this.... bugger!

Shawk

Shawk wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>
>>Shawk wrote:
>>
>>>Finally got round to installing TB 1.5.0.4. Lots of things I like
>>>about it, have set it up to use different quote level colours and
>>>that's made a big difference in long threads. One thing I can't work
>>>out....
>>>
>>>I subscribe to a number of NG's and some are similar (i.e. games).
>>>After reading one group I'll go to another and find I have to read a
>>>lot of the same threads/posts all over again. This is really
>>>annoying. OE recognises these duplicate posts and automagically marks
>>>such crossposts as read. I can't believe OE does something better
>>>than TB so how do I get TB to do something similar?
>>>
>>>Many thanks for any help and advice. Shawk

>>can't
>>

> After much googling I was starting to suspect this.... bugger!

I think there was talk that maybe in TB 2.x it will do this, but not
right now.

--
You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . You and your teeth don't
sleep together.

gwtc

gwtc wrote:
> Shawk wrote:
>> gwtc wrote:

>>> can't
>>>

>> After much googling I was starting to suspect this.... bugger!

> I think there was talk that maybe in TB 2.x it will do this, but not
> right now.

Thanks. Learn to live with it or try something else I guess.

Shawk