Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > I hope the FF developers have seen this

I hope the FF developers have seen this

One of the most common complaints about FF is its memory consumption and
management:

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/06/30/ie..._over_firefox/

Splibbilla

Z <(E-Mail Removed)> in news1Tpg.60$(E-Mail Removed):

> One of the most common complaints about FF is its memory consumption
> and management:
>
> http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/06/30/ie...ntages_over_fi
> refox/

"new IE7 remains a small download, at least by modern standards, and certainly by Microsoft's: under 13 MB"

hmm, i think minefield (ff3) win32 installer is approx 6mb. despite ( i assume) ie7 uses more of the built-in winxp files than ff
uses?

"UPDATE: Multiple readers wrote us to say there's a way to configure Firefox to release memory back to the system while
minimized. The secret is the about:config page, which contains Firefox's configuration settings. You bring up this page by
typing about:config into the address bar. Then right-click on the page itself, and from the popup menu, select New -> Boolean.
In the New Preference Name dialog box, enter config.trim_on_minimize and click OK. Next, in the Enter Boolean value dialog
box, choose True and click OK. "

interesting.

seems certain that ie7 will be much better than ie6

--
Bloat Happens