Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > can't send a crash report

can't send a crash report

sf

I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."

I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
blaming my antivirus protection.

TIA

Moz Champion (Dan)

sf wrote:
> I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
> the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."
>
> I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
> is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
> need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
> problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
> blaming my antivirus protection.
>
> TIA

When are you getting this error message? What 'Agent' are you talking
about? What application is attempting to send the crash report?

Moz Champion (Dan)

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 03:12:18 GMT, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
> > the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."
> >
> > I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
> > is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
> > need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
> > problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
> > blaming my antivirus protection.
> >
> > TIA

> When are you getting this error message? What 'Agent' are you talking
> about? What application is attempting to send the crash report?

The dialog box comes up when FF can't send a crash report, so it
probably refers to their Quality Feedback Agent. I gave you the error
message verbatim and the message box isn't titled, so that's my best
guess.

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 03:12:18 GMT, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>> > I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
>> > the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."
>> >
>> > I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
>> > is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
>> > need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
>> > problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
>> > blaming my antivirus protection.
>> >
>> > TIA

>> When are you getting this error message? What 'Agent' are you talking
>> about? What application is attempting to send the crash report?

> The dialog box comes up when FF can't send a crash report, so it
> probably refers to their Quality Feedback Agent. I gave you the error
> message verbatim and the message box isn't titled, so that's my best
> guess.

Is this happening continually or only on occassion? Why dont you try
again later?

Moz Champion (Dan)

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 03:12:18 GMT, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>> > I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
>> > the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."
>> >
>> > I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
>> > is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
>> > need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
>> > problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
>> > blaming my antivirus protection.
>> >
>> > TIA

>> When are you getting this error message? What 'Agent' are you talking
>> about? What application is attempting to send the crash report?

> The dialog box comes up when FF can't send a crash report, so it
> probably refers to their Quality Feedback Agent. I gave you the error
> message verbatim and the message box isn't titled, so that's my best
> guess.

Is this happening continually or only on occassion? Why dont you try
again later?

gwtc

sf wrote:

> I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
> the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."
>
> I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
> is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
> need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
> problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
> blaming my antivirus protection.
>
> TIA

why don't you turn it off, or disable it althogether? To disable,
Tools, Extensions, right click.

--
Murphy's Laws of Computing: For every action, there is an equal and
opposite malfunction.

gwtc

sf wrote:

> I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
> the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."
>
> I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
> is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
> need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
> problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
> blaming my antivirus protection.
>
> TIA

why don't you turn it off, or disable it althogether? To disable,
Tools, Extensions, right click.

--
Murphy's Laws of Computing: For every action, there is an equal and
opposite malfunction.

Kaat

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
> sf wrote:

>>> what
>>> any
>>>

>>> When are you getting this error message? What 'Agent' are you
>>> talking about? What application is attempting to send the crash report?

>> The dialog box comes up when FF can't send a crash report, so it
>> probably refers to their Quality Feedback Agent. I gave you the error
>> message verbatim and the message box isn't titled, so that's my best
>> guess.

> Is this happening continually or only on occassion? Why dont you try
> again later

I had two Ff crashes a few days ago and received that exact dialogue
each time from the Talkback Mozilla Agent.

I resubmitted them several times on different days - same dialogue - so
have deleted them.

Never had any problem using Talkback Moz Agent prior to this and nothing
has changed on my PC.