Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Frustrating Lag

Frustrating Lag

Ryon

Hello,

I just got Mozilla and I've been testing it out. I really like it -
except for one problem that I haven't been able to fix.
All the time, no matter what page I'm on or what I'm doing (reading,
scrolling, typing, etc) the browser will randomly decide to lag, and
hang there for around 5 seconds, sometimes longer. In that time I can't
switch windows or anything. I can move the cursor but I can't click
anything because it's stuck in whatever form it was when it started to
lag.

This is really starting to frustrate me, and I haven't been able to
find any mention of it in the help menu or on Mozilla's site, or
anything. Any help would be appreciated very much.
Thankyou,

Ed Mullen

Ryon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got Mozilla and I've been testing it out. I really like it -
> except for one problem that I haven't been able to fix.
> All the time, no matter what page I'm on or what I'm doing (reading,
> scrolling, typing, etc) the browser will randomly decide to lag, and
> hang there for around 5 seconds, sometimes longer. In that time I can't
> switch windows or anything. I can move the cursor but I can't click
> anything because it's stuck in whatever form it was when it started to
> lag.
>
> This is really starting to frustrate me, and I haven't been able to
> find any mention of it in the help menu or on Mozilla's site, or
> anything. Any help would be appreciated very much.
> Thankyou,

Never seen this myself. But it would be helpful to know what operating
system and some specs on the system you are using for others to help
troubleshoot this.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Ed Mullen

Ryon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got Mozilla and I've been testing it out. I really like it -
> except for one problem that I haven't been able to fix.
> All the time, no matter what page I'm on or what I'm doing (reading,
> scrolling, typing, etc) the browser will randomly decide to lag, and
> hang there for around 5 seconds, sometimes longer. In that time I can't
> switch windows or anything. I can move the cursor but I can't click
> anything because it's stuck in whatever form it was when it started to
> lag.
>
> This is really starting to frustrate me, and I haven't been able to
> find any mention of it in the help menu or on Mozilla's site, or
> anything. Any help would be appreciated very much.
> Thankyou,

Never seen this myself. But it would be helpful to know what operating
system and some specs on the system you are using for others to help
troubleshoot this.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
http://mozilla.edmullen.net
http://abington.edmullen.net
Chaos, panic, & disorder -- my work here is done.

Steve in NC

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Ryon wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just got Mozilla and I've been testing it out. I really like it -
>> except for one problem that I haven't been able to fix.
>> All the time, no matter what page I'm on or what I'm doing (reading,
>> scrolling, typing, etc) the browser will randomly decide to lag, and
>> hang there for around 5 seconds, sometimes longer. In that time I can't
>> switch windows or anything. I can move the cursor but I can't click
>> anything because it's stuck in whatever form it was when it started to
>> lag.
>>
>> This is really starting to frustrate me, and I haven't been able to
>> find any mention of it in the help menu or on Mozilla's site, or
>> anything. Any help would be appreciated very much.
>> Thankyou,

> Never seen this myself. But it would be helpful to know what operating
> system and some specs on the system you are using for others to help
> troubleshoot this.

Perhaps it's not mozilla that's causing your problem

Do you scan for viruses and such often? Are you on dial up? So many
questions, so many options....

Steve in NC

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Ryon wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just got Mozilla and I've been testing it out. I really like it -
>> except for one problem that I haven't been able to fix.
>> All the time, no matter what page I'm on or what I'm doing (reading,
>> scrolling, typing, etc) the browser will randomly decide to lag, and
>> hang there for around 5 seconds, sometimes longer. In that time I can't
>> switch windows or anything. I can move the cursor but I can't click
>> anything because it's stuck in whatever form it was when it started to
>> lag.
>>
>> This is really starting to frustrate me, and I haven't been able to
>> find any mention of it in the help menu or on Mozilla's site, or
>> anything. Any help would be appreciated very much.
>> Thankyou,

> Never seen this myself. But it would be helpful to know what operating
> system and some specs on the system you are using for others to help
> troubleshoot this.

Perhaps it's not mozilla that's causing your problem

Do you scan for viruses and such often? Are you on dial up? So many
questions, so many options....

Ryon

I'm on Windows XP.

I've already checked for viruses and spyware, that was my first thought
on what it would be, but nothing came up. Also, this problem doesn't
show up with anything else; it's Firefox-exclusive.

Ryon

I'm on Windows XP.

I've already checked for viruses and spyware, that was my first thought
on what it would be, but nothing came up. Also, this problem doesn't
show up with anything else; it's Firefox-exclusive.

Ryon

Should I just get rid of it then?

Ryon wrote:
> Should I just get rid of it then?