Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Shortened start menu

Shortened start menu

Leo Kline

I am running Xp and hve a rather extensive start menu including privacy
stuff etc. There are times when speed is more important than gettin all this
stuff loaded. I vaguley recall when on-line with a service rep one time that
each time he had me reboot he suggested hitting an F key (maybe esc) each
time something started to load and it would skip that program anc get to
windows more quickly. Can anyone help me recall how to do that?

Mr. frostee

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I am running Xp and hve a rather extensive start menu including privacy
> stuff etc. There are times when speed is more important than gettin all this
> stuff loaded. I vaguley recall when on-line with a service rep one time that
> each time he had me reboot he suggested hitting an F key (maybe esc) each
> time something started to load and it would skip that program anc get to
> windows more quickly. Can anyone help me recall how to do that?

Hold down the shift key while your machine starts up.
--
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

-- Philip K. Dick 1928-1982

Mr. frostee

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I am running Xp and hve a rather extensive start menu including privacy
> stuff etc. There are times when speed is more important than gettin all this
> stuff loaded. I vaguley recall when on-line with a service rep one time that
> each time he had me reboot he suggested hitting an F key (maybe esc) each
> time something started to load and it would skip that program anc get to
> windows more quickly. Can anyone help me recall how to do that?

Hold down the shift key while your machine starts up.
--
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

-- Philip K. Dick 1928-1982

Can this program be shortened? Measuring program-length? r.e.s. Python 3 07-11-2008 01:03 AM
Shortened newsgroup names Moo Firefox 2 09-15-2006 09:49 PM
Start Menu --> Programs Menu help Dennis Computer Support 0 11-02-2004 08:17 AM
Is it possible to display newsgroup names not shortened? Jarmo P Firefox 1 10-08-2003 10:10 AM

Advertisments