Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox probs

Firefox probs

gwtc

grandadjohn wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:20:54 +0100, RK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I know there is a conflict with IE. I am wondering whether this is the
>>result!
>>
>>Occasionally recently when I open a site, FF just closes down. I have
>>to open it again, go to the same site and it will do it again.
>>
>>I reckon it has only started happening recently.
>>
>>Any help!!!

> I have installed IE7 hoping that Firefox shutting down would stop. But
> still when Yahoo mail is engoed, it does the same thing.

if its also doing it to IE7, then its definitely not a FF issue, but
rather a windows or connection issue. Try scanning with your
anti-virus checher, spyware checkers, and adware checkers.

--
Murphy's Laws of Computing: The first place to look for information is
in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it.

sf

Not trying to rule out the very real possibilities that gwtc & Animesh
mentioned, but you didn't say if you have the IE Tab extension
installed in FF. If you do, did you add Yahoo to your IE Tab list?
``````````````````````````````````````````````

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:34:00 +0100, grandadjohn wrote:

> Currently I use IE6.
>
> My problems seem to happen when I go into Yahoo to access e-mail that
> I don't want to come through to Thunderbird.
>
> It is still happening. I suspected it might be be a built in
> incompatibility with FF.
>
> Obviously a report goes through to Mozilla automatically everytime it
> happens. I am forced to use IE6 every time now when accessing Yahoo
> mail.

sf

Not trying to rule out the very real possibilities that gwtc & Animesh
mentioned, but you didn't say if you have the IE Tab extension
installed in FF. If you do, did you add Yahoo to your IE Tab list?
``````````````````````````````````````````````

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:34:00 +0100, grandadjohn wrote:

> Currently I use IE6.
>
> My problems seem to happen when I go into Yahoo to access e-mail that
> I don't want to come through to Thunderbird.
>
> It is still happening. I suspected it might be be a built in
> incompatibility with FF.
>
> Obviously a report goes through to Mozilla automatically everytime it
> happens. I am forced to use IE6 every time now when accessing Yahoo
> mail.

Chalky

grandadjohn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:20:54 +0100, RK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I know there is a conflict with IE. I am wondering whether this is the
>>result!
>>
>>Occasionally recently when I open a site, FF just closes down. I have
>>to open it again, go to the same site and it will do it again.
>>
>>I reckon it has only started happening recently.
>>
>>Any help!!!

> I have installed IE7 hoping that Firefox shutting down would stop. But
> still when Yahoo mail is engoed, it does the same thing.

It is nothing to do with FF because I carry out the same operation with
no problem.

--
***************
___,

/ \ Chalky
***************

Chalky

grandadjohn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:20:54 +0100, RK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I know there is a conflict with IE. I am wondering whether this is the
>>result!
>>
>>Occasionally recently when I open a site, FF just closes down. I have
>>to open it again, go to the same site and it will do it again.
>>
>>I reckon it has only started happening recently.
>>
>>Any help!!!

> I have installed IE7 hoping that Firefox shutting down would stop. But
> still when Yahoo mail is engoed, it does the same thing.

It is nothing to do with FF because I carry out the same operation with
no problem.

--
___,
\o

/ \ Chalky

Re: Firefox 3 bookmark probs Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo Firefox 5 06-24-2008 11:40 AM
ATI Graphics probs, DVICO FUSION DUAL DGITAL probs, and X64 =?Utf-8?B?Tmljaw==?= Windows 64bit 0 01-09-2006 04:29 AM
Probs with FireFox Niels Firefox 9 01-14-2005 07:49 AM
Re: Firebird - html underline probs Gnomalarta Firefox 0 06-24-2003 07:39 PM

Advertisments