Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Extension for having button/link clicked periodically

Extension for having button/link clicked periodically

Ronald Fischer

Does anyone know whether there is some extension or utility which,
on a page using a CGI form, periodically clicks some button on the
form? This should be displayed as a context menu for the button.

For example, if I have a webmail interface offering a "refresh"
button (or link), I would like to have it clicked periodically
to check for new mail.

Ronald

--
Newsoffice.de - Die Onlinesoftware zum Lesen und Schreiben im Usenet
Ronald Fischer <(E-Mail Removed)>

Jedi Fans

On 19/06/06 12:49, Ronald Fischer Scribbled:
> Does anyone know whether there is some extension or utility which,
> on a page using a CGI form, periodically clicks some button on the
> form? This should be displayed as a context menu for the button.
>
> For example, if I have a webmail interface offering a "refresh"
> button (or link), I would like to have it clicked periodically
> to check for new mail.
>
> Ronald

Two options:
- There is an extension that can refresh a page automatically (look
on <http://addons.mozilla.org/>
or:
- We can try a javascript bookmarklet method

Here is #2:
This will involve you looking at the source of the page and is a
javascript technique...
We need to find either the id or name of the "input" tag... when
looking at the source code of that page, if the refresh button has
text within it eg "refresh" this will help you to find what i am on
about (edit>find)

if you copy paste the line that has the input on it to here, i can
formulate what you would need to have a new bookmark of

Sorry if this has confused you lol

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>

Jedi Fans

On 19/06/06 12:49, Ronald Fischer Scribbled:
> Does anyone know whether there is some extension or utility which,
> on a page using a CGI form, periodically clicks some button on the
> form? This should be displayed as a context menu for the button.
>
> For example, if I have a webmail interface offering a "refresh"
> button (or link), I would like to have it clicked periodically
> to check for new mail.
>
> Ronald

Two options:
- There is an extension that can refresh a page automatically (look
on <http://addons.mozilla.org/>
or:
- We can try a javascript bookmarklet method

Here is #2:
This will involve you looking at the source of the page and is a
javascript technique...
We need to find either the id or name of the "input" tag... when
looking at the source code of that page, if the refresh button has
text within it eg "refresh" this will help you to find what i am on
about (edit>find)

if you copy paste the line that has the input on it to here, i can
formulate what you would need to have a new bookmark of

Sorry if this has confused you lol

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>
[ SUSE Linux 10.1 || JediLinux 0.2 ]

Mumia W.

Ronald Fischer wrote:
> Does anyone know whether there is some extension or utility which,
> on a page using a CGI form, periodically clicks some button on the
> form? This should be displayed as a context menu for the button.
> [...]

You might be able to find a bookmarklet to do this, or you could write
your own.

Mumia W.