Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > i should use seamonkey over mozilla??

i should use seamonkey over mozilla??

Pedro Sanchez

Why must mozilla die and gaymonkey take it's place?

Mozilla is easy to use, why gay things up?

please reply.
tell me why i should use seamonkey over mozilla

----------------
Sun Tzu said, “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”

Olgierd

*Pedro Sanchez* wrote:

> Why must mozilla die and gaymonkey take it's place?

Mozilla Corp. switched to Firefox and Thunderbird, hence original Mozilla
project was postponed.

> Mozilla is easy to use, why gay things up?

SM is as easy to use as Mozilla. That's the same software!

--
pozdrawiam serdecznie, Olgierd
||| JID(E-Mail Removed) ||| http://olgierd.wordpress.com |||

gwtc

Pedro Sanchez wrote:

> Why must mozilla die and gaymonkey take it's place?
>
> Mozilla is easy to use, why gay things up?
>
> please reply.
> tell me why i should use seamonkey over mozilla

Because the Mozilla people have discontinued the Suite application in
favour of the separate programs like Firefox and Thunderbird.

However, a few developers, testers, and other users, didn't want the
Suite program to die, so they came together and came out with
Seamonkey. It picks up where Moz left off. The reason its called
Seamonkey is because the Mozilla people wouldn't let this group call
the program Mozilla. Besides, Seamonkey is the code name for Mozilla,
so thats where it comes from.

--
Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #2: Grimace painfully while
smacking your forehead and muttering: "Shut up, dammit! All of you

Pedro Sanchez

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:32:53 -0700, gwtc
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Because the Mozilla people have discontinued the Suite application in
>favour of the separate programs like Firefox and Thunderbird.
>
>However, a few developers, testers, and other users, didn't want the
>Suite program to die, so they came together and came out with
>Seamonkey. It picks up where Moz left off. The reason its called
>Seamonkey is because the Mozilla people wouldn't let this group call
>the program Mozilla. Besides, Seamonkey is the code name for Mozilla,
>so thats where it comes from.

THANKs for clearing that up. I now know to stick with mozilla 1.7.13
until it dies.

Also, I cannot use CCLEANER with seamonkey because it doesn't have all
the paths corrected. So that is one reason.

================================================== ======================================
Sun Tzu, “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”
"Build a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, but set fire to that man and he will be warm forever!"
================================================== ======================================

Jim Scott

> Also, I cannot use CCLEANER with seamonkey because it doesn't have all
> the paths corrected. So that is one reason.

Of course you can - using the custom setting!
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Larc

I wish the Mozilla/SeaMonkey crowd would make up their minds. I switched to
SeaMonkey sometime back since there were no new Mozilla updates. Then when I
went back to try and update SeaMonkey, it was nowhere to be found. But there
was a "new" Mozilla (1.7.13). Now with XP updates breaking Mozilla 1.7.13
parts, I looked for a Mozilla update. But there's no Mozilla and only SeaMonkey
1.0.4, which is an update from the last SeaMonkey I had.

I don't like Firefox as much as Mozilla/SeaMonkey, but I may have to switch
rather than having to bounce back and forth between Mozilla and SeaMonkey. Is
it too much to ask people to make a decision to stick with one browser and kill
the other one... permanently?

Or maybe Sailfish will come up with a Sky Pilot Classic theme version for
Firefox.

Larc

gwtc

Larc wrote:
> I wish the Mozilla/SeaMonkey crowd would make up their minds. I switched to
> SeaMonkey sometime back since there were no new Mozilla updates. Then when I
> went back to try and update SeaMonkey, it was nowhere to be found. But there
> was a "new" Mozilla (1.7.13). Now with XP updates breaking Mozilla 1.7.13
> parts, I looked for a Mozilla update. But there's no Mozilla and only SeaMonkey
> 1.0.4, which is an update from the last SeaMonkey I had.
>
> I don't like Firefox as much as Mozilla/SeaMonkey, but I may have to switch
> rather than having to bounce back and forth between Mozilla and SeaMonkey. Is
> it too much to ask people to make a decision to stick with one browser and kill
> the other one... permanently?
>
> Or maybe Sailfish will come up with a Sky Pilot Classic theme version for
> Firefox.
>
> Larc
>

> §§§ - Change planet to earth to reply by email - §§§

Moz was supposed to have stopped at 1.7.12, but they came out with
1.7.13 because of a security fix, but thats the end of it. They
aren't coming out with any more.

SM 1.0.5 should be out soon with a major security fix.

Anyways, Sailfish does have Sky Pilot for FF:
http://projectit.com/freestuff.html

--
Best Singles Ad Ever Written . . . This has to be one of the best
singles ads ever printed. It is reported to have been listed in The

SINGLE BLACK FEMALE seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant.
I'm a very good looking girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in
the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing
trips, cozy winter nights lying by the fire. Candlelight dinners will
have me eating out of your hand. I'll be at the front door when you
get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. Call (404)
xxx-6420 and ask for Daisy, I'll be waiting . . .

Answer:

Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta Humane Society
about an 8-week-old black Labrador retriever.

Larc

On 8 Sep 2006 21:53:43 +0200, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)7yjsIFfetn> wrote:

| Moz was supposed to have stopped at 1.7.12, but they came out with
| 1.7.13 because of a security fix, but thats the end of it. They
| aren't coming out with any more.
|
| SM 1.0.5 should be out soon with a major security fix.
|
| Anyways, Sailfish does have Sky Pilot for FF:
| http://projectit.com/freestuff.html

Thanks very much for the info. I couldn't find any way to download Sky Pilot
from there, but knowing it existed helped me find it at another site.

Larc

gwtc

Larc wrote:
> On 8 Sep 2006 21:53:43 +0200, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)7yjsIFfetn> wrote:
>
> | Moz was supposed to have stopped at 1.7.12, but they came out with
> | 1.7.13 because of a security fix, but thats the end of it. They
> | aren't coming out with any more.
> |
> | SM 1.0.5 should be out soon with a major security fix.
> |
> | Anyways, Sailfish does have Sky Pilot for FF:
> | http://projectit.com/freestuff.html
>
> Thanks very much for the info. I couldn't find any way to download Sky Pilot
> from there, but knowing it existed helped me find it at another site.
>
> Larc
>

> §§§ - Change planet to earth to reply by email - §§§

The site automatically recognizes the browser you're using, so you
must be using FF at the time. Otherwise Sailfish's main site for
SkyPilot is http://skypilot.projectit.com/