Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > firefox

firefox

Eash

Interesting to note, that a NICE feature has been removed.
Bing able to SET the DIR for Cache, and other files has been removed.
I have over 10 Dir's, and C: drive is FULL, and FF wants to cache to
the drive.

gwtc

Eash wrote:
> Interesting to note, that a NICE feature has been removed.
> Bing able to SET the DIR for Cache, and other files has been removed.
> I have over 10 Dir's, and C: drive is FULL, and FF wants to cache to
> the drive.

in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

browser.cache.disk.parent_directory

when found double click on it and change to where you want the cache.
If you don't find it, then right click on any entry and select New,
String in the frist box, and the cache location in the next. Restart FF.

--
Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #1: Make race car noises when
anyone gets on or off.

Splibbilla

gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:e6tfvq$1ais$(E-Mail Removed):

> Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #1: Make race car noises when
> anyone gets on or off.

while revving your propeller beanie

elaich

Eash <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Interesting to note, that a NICE feature has been removed.
> Bing able to SET the DIR for Cache, and other files has been removed.
> I have over 10 Dir's, and C: drive is FULL, and FF wants to cache to
> the drive.

Are you on dialup? You really don't need a cache if you are on broadband,
since things load so fast anyway.

Riggo

elaich wrote:
> Eash <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Interesting to note, that a NICE feature has been removed.
>> Bing able to SET the DIR for Cache, and other files has been removed.
>> I have over 10 Dir's, and C: drive is FULL, and FF wants to cache to
>> the drive.

> Are you on dialup? You really don't need a cache if you are on broadband,
> since things load so fast anyway.

And in any event running your operating system (not your
browser) with no space on your hard drive is a recipe for
disaster.